ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vista x64 & Belkin wireless card

330 Ci
Recently bought a new pc with Vista x64 on it that came with a Belkin G wireless desktop card... problem is whenever i try to install it i get the following error message:

"the required line was not found in the INF."

I've downloaded the most recent drivers for it off the net and it still won't install (same error message) :mad:.. i've seen on other forums (after a quick google search) that other ppl have had this problem with Vista installing similar devices (printers, cameras etc) however havent found any solutions - other then trying the most recent drivers

I've heard something about a Windows Zero that might be able to help??.. I duno... can any of you tech boys help me out?

megane 225
AFAIK windows zero is just the wireless config utility built into windows, and so does not contain the drivers as such.
Whip the card out, look at the wireless chipset model on the actual card and try to source drivers for the chipset as opposed to the brand of card.
Mate of mine had a belkin USB dongle which just WOULD NOT work with Xp 64 (despite belkin having 'supported' drivers!)

330 Ci
Mate of mine had a belkin USB dongle which just WOULD NOT work with Xp 64 (despite belkin having 'supported' drivers!)

Thats what i'm afraid of - searching for chipset drivers sounds like a better idea.. i'll give that a shot when i get home

megane 225
its strange, the belkin software would install and it prompted to restart with the dongle plugged in, restart with it plugged in and nothing.
Re-run the seutp and the same again, manually point to the .inf file and it would say the file contained no driver info

330 Ci
pretty much the same as i'm getting - when i restart it doesnt recognise the device and throws up the INF error :(

megane 225
good ol 64 bit hey!
give the chipset specific drivers a go, might be the best option in this case

Better than yours. C*nt.
I had the inf driver messages with my Scanner which previously worked fine.

Rebuilt it.