ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vmaxx coil overs

Clio 172 phase 1 sc
Hi all
I'm after some advise I bought and fitted the vmaxx coilovers supplied by ktec, they seemed to do ok on the track but I do less track miles than first anticipated.
Im not a fan of how they drive on the great British bumpy roads.
im after a set up that rides nice on the road but also gives a slight advantage on the track.
i also have a white line arb fitted not sure if that doesn't help matters as I fitted that at the same time.
Any advise would be great!

Ph1 track car, Dci
New oe dampers and polybushes with eibach springs and whitepine arb was the set up on mine, was brilliant on the great british roads a perfect fast road set up imo. No differance to comfort to standard but massive improvment in handling overall.

Clio 172 phase 1 sc
Seans6 thanks for the reply...... I may give that a go sounds like good advise and if it's tryed and tested then good stuff

Clio 172 phase 1 sc
Ha well I have I just think it's a bit hard and having a supercharger it seems to pull all over the place and find all the pot holes

172 cup
As said cup shocks and decent springs are good for the road. Or (will get shot for this) I have gaz gha fitted to the cup and find them good.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
As said cup shocks and decent springs are good for the road. Or (will get shot for this) I have gaz gha fitted to the cup and find them good.
lol you won't die alone cause I'm ok with my gaz also
To the op- I would definitely have a decent set of coilies on a supercharged clio! Just get some adjustable ones, there are many options out there.
Btw the gaz I have on the softer setting only feel just a little harder than std. I'd try a set of Spax rsx's if I were to buy something now

Clio 172 phase 1 sc
Im not to fussed about money I've gone far enough now I just want a nice setup that feels safe I'd say the vmaxx are too hard and dnt suit normal road use I want the feel of oem but with better handling if you know what I mean!

marcushookdale

ClioSport Club Member
  rstuned 182ff bg
vmaxx are shizzle mate, i hated mine , took them off and slung em right over the bushes, lol
i ended up with a set of spax, the little BG is like a gokart now, it puts a smile on my kipper most of the time,

it was the rears (vmaxx) that drove me round the twist, CLUNK,CLUNK CLUNK. 24/7.
fronts no prob's at all,

172 cup
What springs are good to look at with cup shocks, would love a nice set of coilys but space rsx's are beyond my budget ATM!

marcushookdale

ClioSport Club Member
  rstuned 182ff bg
yeh sideways danny, mind went blank on his user name, been a while since ive been on the site.

cheers Ripp