ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vmaxx pics! :)

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
The cheap eBay coilovers??

They usually go low enough that the car is barely usable on the road.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
Fronts will go as low as you want, if the rears don't go low enough you can just take the adjuster out and just have the spring.

The ride will be awful on these.

Clio mk2 Volvo 940
Fronts will go as low as you want, if the rears don't go low enough you can just take the adjuster out and just have the spring.

The ride will be awful on these.
Yeah i have noticed that everyone says “it can still go lower in front”. Will it be possible to cut the spring on the rear coil? Havent looked at how the springs sits on my clio. Not saying i will do :)

Clio 182 FF
How low can you get a mk2 non sport on vmaxx? Please post pics even if it is a sport :)
How low can you get a mk2 non sport on vmaxx? Please post pics even if it is a sport :)
This was mine last year. Doesn't look too low but it was awful, couldn't go over tiny speed bumps. Ended up putting back standard dampers and sportline springs

@CliosportCal you're needed here?

Haha yeah soo...

The fronts will go stupid undriveable low, as for the backs the problem with vmaxx is the spring and damper are still separate so you're limited by the spring position, even wound fully down it won't go stupid low. The way to get around this is either run Corsa b or similar springs, cut the springs (Both not recommended for your safety or anyone elses on the road) and lastly more expensive coilovers GAZ GHA etc the spring is built into one traditional coilover style unit like the fronts meaning you can wind these stupid low as the spring is relocated on the shock.

All MK2 Clio rear shocks/coilovers fit other mk2's sport or not.

I had Gaz GHA rears and some cheap eBay front one on my old 172 rep:
IMG_20180909_102618_433.jpg

Clio mk2 Volvo 940
Haha yeah soo...

The fronts will go stupid undriveable low, as for the backs the problem with vmaxx is the spring and damper are still separate so you're limited by the spring position, even wound fully down it won't go stupid low. The way to get around this is either run Corsa b or similar springs, cut the springs (Both not recommended for your safety or anyone elses on the road) and lastly more expensive coilovers GAZ GHA etc the spring is built into one traditional coilover style unit like the fronts meaning you can wind these stupid low as the spring is relocated on the shock.

All MK2 Clio rear shocks/coilovers fit other mk2's sport or not.

I had Gaz GHA rears and some cheap eBay front one on my old 172 rep:
View attachment 1412272
Wow thanks! That’s exactly the answer i wanted! As long as they go low in the front it’s okey, the rears are easy to change or cut. I’m running wide steelies and a roof rack, so maybe i don’t need any extreme lows to complete my looks. Here’s a
Pic of the lows I want and mine with the roof rack :)

(Your car looks really good??)
C7CE1AEC-94D6-49B2-89CF-97D3E192893D.jpeg
CA468B6F-2B44-45E3-91B9-DBDA396A3E71.png
6D820B08-D698-4CE4-8155-A9B4E25D1EDC.jpeg

Last edited:
  182 Turbo
Gaz GHA would be worth consideration, for a few extra £. They can deck the car front and back being a rear coilover, they also wont try to kill you on the first bend you take slightly too fast like the v-maxx probably would.

It also helps to have a spring rate that can go quite stiff when you are low , i dont think the v-maxx have very stiff springs at all, the gaz ones can go 600lb rear 500lb front iirc but you need to specifically ask them to put those springs on for you (usually at no extra cost) because the stock ones come out with something like 300lb front 250 rear or something, which is probably as soft as the v-maxx. I believe Kam Racing send them out with a 450 front 400 rear or something which is pretty suitable