ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vmaxx rear springs

2002 1.2 16V
Hi there im pretty useless when it comes to working on my car but i can be handy enough so I put my own coilovers in which I bought from the group buy.

So my problem is the rear of the car is very low and even when I adjust the spring adjusters it doesnt seem to lift the car very much. I just want to know if there is any chance that the springs could be in upside down as the spring itself seems to be compressed where it meets the car and pretty untensed where it meets the adjuster.

Any help would be much appreciated as the arches are destroying my tyres due to it being too low.

Thanks
Chris

Charged Superleggera
get a picture up with how you have installed them however its difficult to put them on upside down as one hole is biger in order to get the adjuster rings to fit through it

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
The bottom of the springs are totally flat so they would only really be able to go onto the platforms?

2002 1.2 16V
DSC00078.gif

There is a pic there you can see what I mean about the spring being compressed and how high the adjuster is up. The car is only 22" from the bottom of the tyre to the top of the arch too.

Cheers

Charged Superleggera
no looks fine to me from the pic mate. they are progressive coils which is why the spacing isnt equal beteween the coils. do you have anything heavy in the boot because from experience vmaxx rear springs tent to be quite soft. also if you can post up a side on pic of how the car sits on the back

2002 1.2 16V
Right I have took some pics of both sides to show the problem. I did have a heavy boot build so I took it out to see if it made any difference.

So this is the back left spring
DSC00078.gif

And a pic of the back left wheel
DSC00082.gif

And a pick of the back right spring
DSC00081.gif

And the back right wheel
DSC00079.gif

There appears to be an inch of a difference with the left side being lower even though the spring on that side of the car is wound up futher.

Any help apreciated greatly
Cheers
Chris

Charged Superleggera
as sated before mate. they are very soft springs so the only thing i could suggest for the difference in height is unequal weight distribution in the boot. is your sub in the middle or shifted to the left? but they both seem to be fitted correctly from what i can see.

also pm fred as he knows his stuff so might be able to give further feedback

2002 1.2 16V
I have removed the sub as i said and it has definately helped with the rear. And as for the uneven distribution would it have anything to to with the fronts being out? As in if the front left or right was higer or lower would it cause uneven weight on either side of the rear?

Again thanks for all the help but i think you hit the nial on the head with the extra weight in the boot as the sound system wieths 50KG+ so it does.

Cheers
Chris