ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vmware ESX Virtualcenter Help!

Hi,

I'm new to ESX and was wondering if the few Vmware experts on here can help me.

We have a single Vmware ESX Server 3.5.0 running a few VMs.
Im looking at some sort of monitoring and i believe that Virtualcenter can do this along with email alerts.

As the person who bought the ESX licence has now left the company, and left us with sod-all documentation, ive managed to find a keys for the following. :-

Virtual Center Agent 1 for ESX,

SMP for ESX Server 2

VMware ESX Server 2

VMotion 1.0 (2-Processor)

The question is, if i was to monitor this vmhost would it be better to build a Virtual Center and use that? or somehow put MIBS on the current VMhost and incorporate these into our current monitoring system?

Is VirtualCenter free? if not, how much, which version would i need to use in order for the current VMhost to be controlled by it.

Cheers all

Clio 182
Virtual center is not free and is really aimed at large deployments of ESX boxes as it give you the enterprise features vmotion, drs & ha.

What is your current monitoring system? What type of things do you want to monitor?