ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VTS fans: C2 Code

How you finding it? Whats the difference between this and a standard VTS? Some good deals to be had on these at the moment

Can i have your leather interior for mine please Oms.

Nice pics though. Love the colour, the only C2 the grey is availible on.

Clio 197
How you finding it? Whats the difference between this and a standard VTS? Some good deals to be had on these at the moment

It's nice.

Feels light & nippy (yet only 50kg lighter than my ol' 182).

Nowhere near as quick in a straight line... and a bit slower in the bends only due to light steering (which can fool you into a false sense of security at times).

Twitchy rear end to say the least... less snappy than the 182 though, so I expect it's easier to control.

Build is impressive for french car... A friend of mine just bought a 3.0 Jag with all the toys, and he loved my car. He used to have a citroen, and was shocked at how things have moved along.

MPG is good if you want it to be - I've managed over 300 miles on a tank (which is 36 litres when I full up). V thirsty if you're in a hurry though.

Std VTS doesn't have all the fancy leather trim or pearlescent paint, which is a shame since they really make a difference to how it looks. Apart from that, it's virtually identical.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Looks nice - I like the seats!

Although my friend had a GT one of these and it, and the Citroen dealer put me off Citroens for life just with the mental number of problems she had with it and utter, utter uselessness of GT GARAGES IN SCARBOROUGH.

The GT wasn't half as nice as yours though, crap seats in comparison, no toys at all (like, not even fog lights) and it was meant to be lightweight, but weighed as much as my 206 XSi heh.

Dan

Clio 197
Can i have your leather interior for mine please Oms.

Nice pics though. Love the colour, the only C2 the grey is availible on.

Thanks!

I wasn't sure at first (needed a car ASAP so popped into the dealer and asked for what was in stock)... but the colour has grown on me (plus bizzarely, it looks better after a few washes).

The tan leather definately lifts things up. I've seen one with black leather, and the car looked SO dull inside.

As for warranty, just an occasional squeak from the a/c fan, and an occasional whine from the a/c compressor - both intermittent. I'm putting it down to the cold/damp.

Keyfob is a bit flakey in its construction... I've dropped it a few times but it should withstand that TBH.

The hydraulic tappets have a repuation for being a bit loud when cold, so I'm not worried... but i'd like them checked at the service anyway (just in case).

Last edited:
Looks nice - I like the seats!

Although my friend had a GT one of these and it, and the Citroen dealer put me off Citroens for life just with the mental number of problems she had with it and utter, utter uselessness of GT GARAGES IN SCARBOROUGH.

The GT wasn't half as nice as that though, crap seats in comparison, no toys at all (like, not even fog lights) and it was meant to be lightweight, but weighed as much as my 206 XSi heh.

Dan

Don't, I'm just hoping i don't have to go anytime soon, or for anything major.

Not had any problems with mine bar the gaitor breaking constantly, 2 warrenty repars on it and its broken again.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Take it to Broach Hill. They're just crap - which is a huge step up from GT :) Although both times hers went to BH, it came back with a new dint in, so watch for that...

Dan

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Take it anywhere but GT would be my advice :)

Dan

Monaro VXR
Citroens have come a long way recently. Now actually the most reliable European car you can buy.

The noisy tappets can be sorted with changing the type of oil. The garage might be willing to sort it for you if you complain free of charge.

If the key does not fold back into the fob and stay locked in place as well then they will change that to a new one under warranty too.

Can be a pain to find a decent dealer but there are some good ones.

All the new touches though just make it look like a baby C4.

If you have any annoying noises etc just tell the dealers. Should not have to put up with it on a new car.

i thought about getting one of these, as they seemed really nice and had a good look however they only had the flappy paddle gear box in the version i wanted to i went for the clio in the end.

i thought about getting one of these, as they seemed really nice and had a good look however they only had the flappy paddle gear box in the version i wanted to i went for the clio in the end.

That'd be the VTR. I'm really unsure about them flappy paddle boxes...

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
^^

Agreed, the build always felt quite good, bit tinny but then it was only a 10k supermini brand new, and the problems were just irritating niggles - lights coming on when nothing really wrong and stuff. To be honest, if the garage had been less useless I imagine it would've been sorted first time in heh. But then, you get good and bad garages for all brands of car :)

Dan

I thought about going for the VTR when it came time to part with the clio.

Then realised I couldn't stand the flappy paddle gearbox.

Clio 197
Yeah the flappy paddles are completely slow, and useless IMO.

I'd never get a French car with an auto-box.

They released the GT (flap-less version of the VTR) which sold quite well, but it was totally stripped out (it didn't even have skirts).

VTS all the way IMO.

Clio 197
Lol.

Tell you what, removing the back seats and fitting buckets in the front will save around 100kg!!

The rear seats fold down, and are assisted by gas struts - that's how heavy they are.

Lol.

Tell you what, removing the back seats and fitting buckets in the front will save around 100kg!!

The rear seats fold down, and are assisted by gas struts - that's how heavy they are.

Take them out for a day, see how much difference it makes, and the noise is nice too.

I've got a spare drivers seat in the back of mine at the minute! 5 seats FTW!

Clio 197
that is stunning

just superb

Lol.

Take them out for a day, see how much difference it makes, and the noise is nice too.

I've got a spare drivers seat in the back of mine at the minute! 5 seats FTW!

nice i do like the colour

Thanks!

Hey Fierny... is it easy enough to remove the rear seats? I might just do that this weekend! ;)