ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VTS: took some new pictures.

Hi guys, haven't had time to actually get some photos of the car sice I picked it up, so thought I would try and attempt some under car-park lights.

They aren't the best however its my first attempt at low light, and struggled to get the correct levels (still new to the DSLR game) :eek:

Coments and advise welcome!

Matt

6783610485_ee8ba019c8_z.png

11 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

6783621225_4ebd3ac0e8_z.png

VTS under lights by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

6783615747_7b81cb0ebc_z.png

6783628213_2a1e4ef07f_z.png

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Looks good mate.

Get it down to that old carpark in the centre of Halifax on a night, you'll get some really good pics with a DSLR!

One I took.
9-13.jpg

Very nice mate.

My plans are on hold due to saving for a mortgage, hoping for a certain someones Gti though :)

Looks good mate.

Get it down to that old carpark in the centre of Halifax on a night, you'll get some really good pics with a DSLR!

Actually LOL - I went there first but there were loads of "youths" hanging arround!

Didnt fancy loosing £££'s of camera stuff :eek:

Me you and Mike will have to get a mini-photo meet down there one night - strength in numbers! lol

Car looks lovely.

Quick tip, make sure you shoot in RAW (I typically set white balance to Auto on the camera) and then this will allow you to correct the white balance afterwards (I simply use the canon software). Very easy to do and will get rid of the yellow haze across them all.

There is a great guide from Dan on here somewhere and it is very easy to do in this case as you have the front numberplate as a white reference point.

Edit: just checked and it looks like you shot at 1/30 ISO 3200. If you have a tripod you could maybe try shooting at F8ish 20-30second exposure and iso100.

Car looks lovely.

Quick tip, make sure you shoot in RAW (I typically set white balance to Auto on the camera) and then this will allow you to correct the white balance afterwards (I simply use the canon software). Very easy to do and will get rid of the yellow haze across them all.

There is a great guide from Dan on here somewhere and it is very easy to do in this case as you have the front numberplate as a white reference point.

Thanks for that mate!

Having sat in both I think the VTS has the comfier and more supportive seats in my opinion.

Although if we all thought the same the world would be a very boring place! :p

I agree - I love the VTS seat. SO comfy its untrue....

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Actually LOL - I went there first but there were loads of "youths" hanging arround!

Didnt fancy loosing £££'s of camera stuff :eek:

Me you and Mike will have to get a mini-photo meet down there one night - strength in numbers! lol

Yeh I'd be up for that. I've only ever seen Skaters in there but I know what you mean, you do feel a bit like a sitting duck in there.

120d M Sport
Love it mate. Spent practically the whole of my weekend just messing around with my mates VTS and my GTI.

Still enjoying it?

Love it mate. Spent practically the whole of my weekend just messing around with my mates VTS and my GTI.

Still enjoying it?

Yeah its ace!

It handles better than any 182 I've driven, goes (upto 70ish) aswell as a 182, seats are more supportive and comfier, the driving position is miles better and the pedals are no issue, even with my size 11's lol

All in all - Loving it!!

:)

120d M Sport
Yeah its ace!

It handles better than any 182 I've driven, goes (upto 70ish) aswell as a 182, seats are more supportive and comfier, the driving position is miles better and the pedals are no issue, even with my size 11's lol

All in all - Loving it!!

:)

Good stuff, agree with you on most counts there, always wanted a 172/182 but not fussed on getting one for the time being, mines all the car I need for now!

Needs bilsteins and a 421 mani I think ;)

172 Cup
Nice loving the 2 tone, any idea how many of these were made?

500 Two tone VTR's

250 Two tone VTS's

The pics look alot better after the edits ;)

P.S...I need to stop looking in here i miss my old one tooo much lol.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Just noticed this, love it mate, brilliant choice of car.

Can't wait to see it :approve: