ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VVT Actuator Fault

172 Cup
Hi guys, Getting a VVT Actuator fault when reading my car with RSTuner. Cleared fault but it returns after driving. I am just wondering if "VVT Actuator" is referring to the VVT Solenoid that is on the Cylinder Head? I have thought that the car isn't picking up as it should be particulary at 5k revs (I know this isnt uniquely dependant on VVT)for quite a wee while now so am wondering if this could be the cause and its worth me getting another Solenoid from Breakers/Renault to try it or if it is likely to be something else?

All advice welcome,

Will

BMW M135i
I would assume that was the soleniod yes. Don't know how much they are but i'd change it and see what happens.

172 Cup
It's the de[haser pulley thats a nightmare to change, the solenoid is just ontop of the cylinder head and is one bolt.

I'm changing the cambelt between Xmas and New Year so got a new dephaser pulley to fit also.