ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VVT Solenoid plunger wiring

A

ashy_gtt

Hello,

Does anyone know which pin of the solenoid valve is 12V and which is ECU feed? or can it be either way around?

Cheers Ashy.

I'd guess its only one way usbale just try it one way you'v a 50/50 chance to get it right.
I've had a quick look but all the wirin digrams show it the other way round ie ECU pinouts.

A

ashy_gtt

edde said:
I'd guess its only one way usbale just try it one way you'v a 50/50 chance to get it right.
I've had a quick look but all the wirin digrams show it the other way round ie ECU pinouts.

i have tried it both ways just with a 12v and earth from the battery and I can hear it click in both positions :S

The ECU will drop the earth, not suppy a 12v feed, it cant handle the current.

The original 12v feed on the car is the pink one iirc.

both?

There is only one vvt plunger, it is supplied with a constant switched live, and the ECU just drops the earth at the determined moment, thus the plunger opens the oil galley thorugh the camshaft.