ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VW Scirroco

Astra SRI CDTI,Hornet FA8
Yeah, saw one on sunday when I was out for a ride. Looked absolutely mint on the road!

Loved them in pictures, but in the flesh i think they look quite disappointing tbh.

To high, bit out of proportion etc

53 Clio's & counting
They are very wide cars i suspect the sale of GTi's shall decline as this being the same price

you would think this,but working for VW iv been lucky enough to have experience with both, and id take the gti any day for me, i find im too tall for the Rocco, i hit my head on the roof line when getting out lol

oh and after a while the rear head rests blocking the rear windows gets REALLY tedious!

the golf offers the same performance, 5 seats, better useability and the new gti coming out will have the adjudtable suspension the same as the rocco

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Mmm i see, Fith gear said that the rear window was a bit of a big bear with the rocco.

Personally speaking id rather a White 3 door GTi with the BBS rims :eek:

Turbos.
Yeah, not as good as the concept car IMO.

They can't be that wide, its on the Golf chassis right? Just proportions...

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Loved them in pictures, but in the flesh i think they look quite disappointing tbh.

To high, bit out of proportion etc

Same here, thought they looked unreal in the pics, seen a few in the flesh and think they look minging..

J03

MX5 1.8
love the look of them in my rear view mirror... looks like a shark thats going to eat me lol

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
They do look pretty mean from the front. Not alot going on in the back though.

one drives passr mine every day now - gotta say i liek em

an R32 version wold be awesome

not gonna happen mate, they arent useing the 3.2ltr V6 engine for the R badge anymore. The next R car will most likely be the golf, and it wont be an R32, it will be an R42, rumoured to be the same engine as the TTrs. I very much doubt they would make an R version of the scirroco. Think about it, whos gonna pay £30k + for a car with a VW badge on it, that you can only just fit 2 people in. Also porsche now own VW, so would they make a pretty much 2 seat rocket to rival the boxster?

toon

BMW E92/Audi S3
obese-188kg-china-baby-1.jpg

VW_Scirocco_DW_Sons_521275g.jpg

53 Clio's & counting
Apparently they're putting the same engine from the S3 into the Golf and calling it a GTI-R?

the mk5 edition 30 and the pirelli run the s3 engine now

i doubt it will be called that tbh, and same with r42, if i hear anything before the nil ley you guys know (vw usually do let us know a bit before the press lol)

Dodgy one
The next R car will most likely be the golf, and it wont be an R32, it will be an R42

Where do you get that, A 4.2 litre golf, Think not.

The new golfs out early next year along with a new polo, The R32 has now been discontinued also :dapprove:

Theres a Touareg R52 and a Passat R34, 36??? that i know of too, V10 Touaregs go like fook would love to know what the Rs are like

53 Clio's & counting
the to rag is the R50, has over 600lbs ft of torque

the passat is the r36, a 3.6 ltr 300 bhp nearly

Where do you get that, A 4.2 litre golf, Think not.

The new golfs out early next year along with a new polo, The R32 has now been discontinued also :dapprove:

Theres a Touareg R52 and a Passat R34, 36??? that i know of too, V10 Touaregs go like fook would love to know what the Rs are like

Working for VW, you just get to know these things, yes there are rumours of an R42 golf, but thats all they are, rumours, remember these are the people who put a W12 in a golf. The touareg is called the R50 and has a twin turbo V10 diesel which is the same engine as the porshce, it produces 360bhp, and is a lovely car. Yes There is going to a be a GTI R which will be a Hot golf and yes it might have the same engine as the current S3. The GTI R is supposed to be the equivilant of the R version, but all depending how sales go will determin if the R version will be brought back, i just hope if they do, that its not as blande as the Mk 5.

toon

1998 BMW e46 323i
Was one in front of me on friday, had a little punt up a lane with him. Was nothing between him and my 172 upto about 60 when we hit traffic. Not that keen on the look either. Best angle is the back I think, and side on is a mess.

I used to love my old Scirrocco GTII back in the day.

1998 BMW e46 323i
Not joking no,.. think it looks low and wide from the back. From every other angle the golf is cleaner and better proportioned.