ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VW Up

53 Clio's & counting
We got 3 Up's in this week, each of the 3 specs.

Some crappy pics:

2012-03-02095435.gif

2012-03-02095426.gif

2012-03-02095417.gif

2012-03-02095401.gif

2012-03-02095344.gif

2012-03-02095334.gif

2012-03-02095324.gif

Good points:

Very easy to park
Cheap
satnav as standard on the top of the range (which shows MFA info like fuel consumption etc)
easy to drive and quite comfortable and quiet for a small car

Bad points:

Rear boot lid has a glass cover which is part of the rear screen, which i can see being smasked very easily
the bottom spec model looks cheap - easpecially the dash. Also has very little spec
doors are FAR too big - will be a bit of a mare in tight spaces like car parks.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Do they come as standard with the brake distance control or whatever vw are calling it.

A fellow pro was over in Spain? For the launch and it was showing off the bdc

53 Clio's & counting
I know dude :( but i suppose they had to do something, the Polo is getting bigger and more expensive (We have a high spec SEL polo in atm, and its not far off 18k!!) so I suppose they had to produce a city car - they have their finger in every other pie lol

For the record, I don't like it - but then again I don't like any city car

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
People seem to be moaning that its not a VW thing to do (not on here, elsewhere I've seen)

They clearly forgot about the VW Fox?

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Looks horirble! sure the build quality is good though.

Does the sat nav just sit there all the time?

53 Clio's & counting
You can have it there, or it unclips, as does the mount it sits on, so you have a 'normal' dash

M16a
Rather have the skoda version. Expected to be at least £4-500 cheaper apparently?

Not that I'll be buying one, but I see the sense.

BMW 330D
if you want a good small vw get a mint lupo, save yourself 000's and you'll die before it does

Megane 225 F1
Never even knew this was out tbh. Not heard of it. Looks like a smaller fox (the car that young chavy girls decided that putting a chrome y on the end of the name was cool).

Never above 25mpg
Never even knew this was out tbh. Not heard of it. Looks like a smaller fox (the car that young chavy girls decided that putting a chrome y on the end of the name was cool).

I put a Y on the end of your name because I thought it was cool!

Tbh the skoda & seat version looks better

The polo isn't that big really it's smaller then the mk3 clio :eek:

The match seems better value then a sel

Last edited:

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
When's the GT version out?

Could be quite good if it's as fun as the Lupo Gti is..

Little turbo engine with plenty of induction noise through lack of sound deadening could be fun!

Turbos.
Looks much better than the Fox, which ASFAIK was a cynical import from VW UK...wasn't it built for the South American market to be as cheap as possible? Seen on the TV that the Up has won the What Car award; what makes it special then?

Don't understand people saying it isn't very VW...did they not make the Beetle, the 'people's car'? If anything, this is going back to their roots.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I actually quite like a lot of VW's South American/South African cheap and cheerful range of cars. As you say, back to their routes a bit with them!