ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VW Up

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
1.0l 3cylinder, 109bhp, 0-60 - 8.7s

At 60mpg and £13,500 this stands to be a good seller....!

VW-Up-GT-2.jpg

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Looks much like the twingo/107/aygo ie something a disabled person would drive.

S3 Sportback, Ninja
How exactly are they awesome? A Ferrari or a Lamborghini are awesome. Not a retarded shopping trolley lol..

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
How exactly are they awesome? A Ferrari or a Lamborghini are awesome. Not a retarded shopping trolley lol..

I've no idea why i'm replying to you. You really are the epitomy of a troll.

Mercedes
Went and looked at them on Saturday as the Mrs Wants a new car, was very surprised at them TBH, much more space in it than the IQ, 107/C1 etc in a package that is about the same size. I quite enjoy some basic motoring some times.

Saw one at Bury VW today, looked like a basic kind of one in red. Back looks weird but is definitely a grower, front looks cool and interior looks pleasant.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I can understand the brand and the need for small eco cars.

I just cant get excited by them at all.

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Dont talk s**te, how many folk do you know with Ferrari's and Lambo's?

What a bell end!

Not many but thats not the point. They might be an ok car for schooching about town and parking.. Hardly what id consider awesome.

What a bell end!

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Its not what i'd call retarded either. Massed produced super mini, its almost free motoring.

What a bell end!

S3 Sportback, Ninja
As I said it serves a purpose. They just look daft imo. Im sure it would be alright for someone with no interest in cars though and just want to go from A-B cheaply. I for one consider my self as a car enthusiast and a 1 litre (or what ever it is) doesnt excite me in the slightest.

Abarth 500 Esseesse
Looks much like the twingo/107/aygo ie something a disabled person would drive.

Nice generalisation.

I agree that they are awesome. They've all been making their cars bigger and heavier. Not everyone wants or needs a big car.

Saw one of these today whilst I was in VW. Appeared to be the one Capital FM are giving away. Looked a lot better in the flesh tbh, quite impressed.

itb'd RB 182 cup
i agree with danny_172 and tyinferno they are awesome little cars for a manufacturer to be able to build a car that is that small, light, economic, cheap and still look pretty smart and more importantly be able to stand up to the strict ncap standards is a fairly awesome achievement imo.

Test drove one last weekend. Nice little car to nip about in. Perfect for my OH to go back and forth to work and do the shopping on. Surprisingly nippier then I thought it would of been with only 60ps to play with (our choice is the 75ps engine) and the three cylinder engine has a nice little noise, also with current fuel rates 60mpg can't be ignored

Just trying to sort a decent deal out with my local VW garage. Hopefully have one on order by next weekend. Although they are quoting mid to late may for delivery.

We're going for the High Up in candy white with the sports pack (16" alloys, lowered suspension and tinted glass)

@ Russ_16v - what VW garage do you work in? Could you give me a contact name and number for a sales manager?

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
I suppose if you're going to buy and dull and boring car, it may as well be a cheap one.

53 Clio's & counting
Test drove one last weekend. Nice little car to nip about in. Perfect for my OH to go back and forth to work and do the shopping on. Surprisingly nippier then I thought it would of been with only 60ps to play with (our choice is the 75ps engine) and the three cylinder engine has a nice little noise, also with current fuel rates 60mpg can't be ignored

Just trying to sort a decent deal out with my local VW garage. Hopefully have one on order by next weekend. Although they are quoting mid to late may for delivery.

We're going for the High Up in candy white with the sports pack (16" alloys, lowered suspension and tinted glass)

@ Russ_16v - what VW garage do you work in? Could you give me a contact name and number for a sales manager?

I work for Northfield in Cirencester mate, where are you looking?

I work for Northfield in Cirencester mate, where are you looking?

I'm currently dealing with my local dealership in Stowmarket, Suffolk but all dealerships offer delivery within the UK in the price so dealership location is not a problem. As long as the price is right to allow for one trip to sort out paperwork.

TTRS & V50
People in this thread really don't understand the concept - DIFFERENT CARS, DIFFERENT NEEDS.

Loved the Lupo, hated the Fox, let's hope this is better.

Titanium 182
Don't understand people saying it isn't very VW...did they not make the Beetle, the 'people's car'? If anything, this is going back to their roots.

Precisely!

Marco Pavone, the exterior designer of the Up! was given the task of designing a cheap, stylish and small car, that didn't look far from the current line of VW's. IMO he's nailed it, I love it. Small VW's are cool, this is awesome.