ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Waffle wave towel

No more clio's for me!
Can i use this when the car is soaking wet, do they act like a chamy to do all the main drying or are they more of a damp/dry microfibre which just get the last bit off. :S

Ta,
Dan

106 GTi
Yes - I sheet the water off with a hose, and then use the waffle weave, they start to work better when it absorbs the water, they I follow up to grab the small drips etc with a normal microfiber.

Last edited:

Lee

BMW M2C
Rich said:
Yes - I sheet the water off with a hose, and then use the waffle weave, they start to work better when it absorbs the water, they I follow up to grab the small drips etc with a normal microfiber.

I find until it's had a good soaking it just moves the water around.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I use it from dry, but go over areas again once it is a bit wet. I normally do the roof first and last as the water doesn't sheet as easily off this area.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I find for drying my car it's not a great deal different to a decent quality chamois, but it's obviously a lot softer so reduces the risk of scratches and swirls... but there's always a bit of water that's missed on a first pass.

No more clio's for me!
Used it earlier...happy with the results. It leaves a lot less water residual on the bodywork as it keeps on sucking, when a chamy just gets wet. It doesn't streak either which is nice.

Once i was done, i just flashed over with QD and a microfibre...looks sweet :)

RB 182
Same as water magnets yes.

Danny, just worth mentioning that when you've sheeted the water off with a hose then leave a few minutes to let it run off, then have a quick spray of QD over the car, it really makes the drying quicker I've found.

Mito Sportiva 135
Really pleased with mine, seems to get better the more I use it. I use a Flxe-Blade to get the majority of water off then go over twice with wwt. If your paints in good nick like mine, I find that wiping over once with water to get the dust off then using QD with the wwt leaves a really good shine in between washes.