ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wald Skyline GTR

Turbos.
2835801986_ee629cd2e7.jpg

2835802036_580f7fdc95.jpg

2834964653_2f6b8cf635.jpg

2835802114_3f1d436a18.jpg

Nippy white cup
Amazing! Someone I know has a black GTR coming...just to tide him over till his Vspec is ready! Lucky bugger!

Chris

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
tbh englebert i expected more from you than to call the gtr a skyline...

its still an R car so historically it should be still a skyline (ok the first gt-r was a C ) even though the skylines are now V cars

its like ford all of sudden calling the mondeo a fiesta

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

its still an R car so historically it should be still a skyline (ok the first gt-r was a C ) even though the skylines are now V cars

its like ford all of sudden calling the mondeo a fiesta

no not at all nissan dropped the skyline name off of the GTR's the GTR is the new brand, they still make and sell SKYLINES in the form of the v35 350gt... the r35 gtr is a new car... people assume because it has GTR its the same as a skyline gtr... the new gtr is completely different and shares nothing with the past skyline gtrs...

all past SKYLINE GTR's ran rb26dett's straight 6's the new gtr is a V not a straightline...

plus nissan use the GTR to denote their top performance model... so they have just made a new model the GTR read the nissan press releases they make a point that its NOT A SKYLINE and its a new car on a new brand... the GTR :p

this is a nissan SKYLINE new model...
Nissan_V35_Skyline_350GT.jpg

350GT_rear.jpg

mentioning the engine has nothing to do with it the skyline gt-r hasnt always had a rb26dett so thats one HUGE POINT

first skyline gt-r has a S20 inline 6 rb26dett didnt arrive till the R32
The R31 GTS-R had a RB20DET-R engine

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL @ the folk getting edgy about the name.

Not all GT-R's used the RB26 though, he's right there.

Hakosuka's, for example.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
mentioning the engine has nothing to do with it the skyline gt-r hasnt always had a rb26dett so thats one HUGE POINT

first skyline gt-r has a S20 inline 6 rb26dett didnt arrive till the R32
The R31 GTS-R had a RB20DET-R engine

the first R series SKYLINE GTR was the r32... all R series GTR's run the RB26dett the R31 never came in a gtr varient so mentioning it is pointless...

the Skyline gtr r series first model was released in 1989 which was the R32 GTR, all skyline r series GTR models run the rb26dett!!

the R35 GTR isnt a SKYLINE nissan dropped that name from the top range cars, the SKYLINE brand still exists just not in the GTR range...

point is the new R35 GTR isnt a skyline... phone nissan and ask for a nissan skyline r35 gtr... they will tell u there isnt a skyline r35 so suck my sack people either call it a skyline by mistake or cos they know no better...

you said all past skyline GT-r's ran the rb26dett and thats untrue as i pointed out ;) yes the r31 didnt have a gt-r it had a gts-r instead as i said earlier :)

What's the engine called on the R35? Is it still RB?

I think what J is trying to get at is that it's not an inline 6 anymore and nissan have officially said its not a skyline at all and infact a brand new car called the GTR.

IMO the 32,33,34 skylines had good power and tuning potential but never really looked like a supercar however nice some of the R34's look.

The R35 GTR has the looks of a supercar.

i know what he is trying to say but what he wont accept is no matter what nissan want it to be called most people still want to call it a skyline GT-R

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i know what he is trying to say but what he wont accept is no matter what nissan want it to be called most people still want to call it a skyline GT-R

and what you need to accept is that its not a SKYLINE GTR lol its a GTR which would make MOST people wrong and me RIGHT so HA!

ffs i know its a GT-R but instinct and habit make people call it a skyline as GT-R on its own sounds stupid

its like owning a vauxhall GSI
or a Volkswagen GTI

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
ITS NOT A f**king SKYLINE...

just like they didnt make a NSX TYPE R !