ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WALES Cliomeet stories....

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

Just come back fromt the South Wales Clio meet organised by smoothed clio.

List of cars...

Williams,
Valver(s),
Mk 2 1.6 16v
Mk 2 1.4 16v
Mk 1 1.2

and... a 287bhp PULSAR, thanks to babyclios boyfriend, james.

Although the turnout wasnt massive, it was a pretty cool meet, and alot of keys were switched during the night!

Highlights include the pulsar overtaking petes valver on the roundabout! dont think ive seen anything with so much traction and speed in my life!

Also, crusing at obseen speeds was fun, and listening to petes poping exhaust was also cool!

ive got some pics but ill post em in the morning as the softwares playing up atm and i cant b a*sed to fiddle round wit it tonite!

every1 post their favourite parts of the evening..

OH YEAH, WHO WON THE CLEANEST CAR COMP :) ;) :D :oops:???!!!!???

-Phil-

hehe! i just about got home on the red light. Left the houst on about 1893miles and im now on 1970miles! did we really do that many miles?!?

-phil-

Was a good night. That pulsar was silly quick off that roundabout. I got pics too but will post them when i get back to uni as i have crap connection here. I only took pics when we first got there tho and forgot after that, quite good tho.

well first we went to asda caerfilly then we went to brakla ind. estate and then thru town then i went home. was a good nite, the highlight being a ride in bens williams!

-phil-

yeh- it was especially funny wen some flump in a citroen AZ was trying to blow up a can of WD40 with the poping of his exhaust!!! especially considering the 5-0 were round the corner! lol

-phil-

that pulsar was silly quick!! im sure i lost ten years off my life through pure fear after the ride in that!!! when can i go again!!:p

The Pulsar was a properly rapid machine. I managed to catch him off guard when we went off some traffic lights and although he inevitably caught up, it wasnt until I was well into 3rd. He got his own back by totally hammering me on full boost on a dual carriageway though - and I mean properly hammering me :cry:. He reckoned that mine was the quickest Williams hed seen though (including a "230bhp" one on TBs) - am well chuffed as mines 100% standard!

unfortunatly i didnt get to go in the pulsar but driving ure williams was good enough for one day! all i have to say is 1st is stupidly quick, almost too quick to realise that uve hit the rev limiter and need second....then bam..third...then, block change to 5th! lol bens comment..."but u missed 4th and it has so much!" lol!

-phil-

tut tut and u didnt invite me? unless it was this weekend of course cos i was in donny surrounded by cars, alcohol, geninue kebab rack and gass bbq (thank u mr. kebab shop supplier! 65 quid later! :D) and tits and arse....quality weekend fair dos and the adult channel show was absolute filth this year...i didnt realise a piece of plastic sooooo big could fit into a ass soooo quickly with no lube!!! lol hahaha

hehe, our thing was amazing...! look at the sheer volume of cars that turned up!

-phil-

so when u all thinking of meeting up next phil...my cars booked in the bodyshop for next month to have my k-tecracing kit fitted so anytime after that is great...

yeh, gonna get a longlife soon, maybe after my alevels tho as i seriously need to start doing some revision

davidol, where u from?

-phil-

Quote: Originally posted by S2 PTH on 18 April 2004

Just come back fromt the South Wales Clio meet organised by smoothed clio.

List of cars...

Williams,
Valver(s),
Mk 2 1.6 16v
Mk 2 1.4 16v
Mk 1 1.2

and... a 287bhp PULSAR, thanks to babyclios boyfriend, james.

Although the turnout wasnt massive, it was a pretty cool meet, and alot of keys were switched during the night!

Highlights include the pulsar overtaking petes valver on the roundabout! dont think ive seen anything with so much traction and speed in my life!

Also, crusing at obseen speeds was fun, and listening to petes poping exhaust was also cool!

ive got some pics but ill post em in the morning as the softwares playing up atm and i cant b a*sed to fiddle round wit it tonite!

every1 post their favourite parts of the evening..

OH YEAH, WHO WON THE CLEANEST CAR COMP :) ;) :D :oops:???!!!!???

-Phil-

SoRrY BaByClIo... its a mk2 1.2 8v....

-phil-

Hello, tis me James. Pulsars are very much 0-60 and 1/4mile cars. Handling on slow speed corners is pretty lame.

I was very impressed by your williams Ben. Was quick. Have you had any run ins with civic type Rs? I really can see you giving them big hassle. That williams is so well looked after. Whoever buys it off you one day will have one hell of a car. All the other clios were mint cars. Ive always had a soft spot for valvers and williams.

As for the sunny, its parked up in a warm garage now for a few weeks, but when its out again I may pop out with Babyclio at another meet......if invited. :)

The sunny will be out again soon, il take it out!! That car turns the most safest drivers into complete nutters! trust me i no all bout that!

BTW thanks every1 for letting me keep up wit u all on the dual carriageway! my lil 1.2 was screaming for me to stop

*jem*

Woo hoo! Check the Williams praise!! ^^^^^

Cheers James - lovely mint original(ish) car you have there.

Id love to have a run-in with a CTR, but the only "races" I seem to get are with hairdressers who cant drive their TTs and angry TD saloon drivers.

I met up with a 180bhp Mi16 converted 205 GTi some time ago, which was mighty impressive but not that much quicker. Yours is the only car thats given me a serious caning. Jeeeezz! On full boost overtaking that thing is mental! Made me feel like I was in my old Mk1 1.2 again!

No probs. No plans to sell, but then I did say that Id never sell my old Valver! Im probably moving to the city centre of Bristol later in the summer and I know Ill probably have nowhere to keep it then :(. Fingers crossed as the Willy is my lifetime car - always wanted one, always will.

LOL, very good. I remember when I got battered by an Audi RS6. It totally killed me, oh and a 911 turbo. They are seriously quick cars. You did catch me totally off guard at the lights. I was just fannying around wondering whether to boot it or not. Certainly the quickest williams Ive seen go, not that u see many. That TBd one was a bit lame for the money that must have been spent on it. Your car just goes to show that filters and fancy bits wont make a car quick.

Babyclio? u never told me about this piggybank of YOURS?

Nope! I had a 1.2 and it was a quality little car - small victories, but victories all the same. Ill never forget how far 60bhp can take you! :D

I had an E46 M3 trying it on the other day. Was quite tempted as it was around tight twisty bits, but it was a 30 limit and would have been silly considering the risk.

yea it can take me to th end of my street.

tell james to stop takin the pis* out of it then plz!!!! ill jus av to make sure i dun race any1 wit more than a 1.2. bit hard these days but not impossible.

ooooh, some nice banter going on in here, but still no pete!

ben, u seem to b impressed with most cars, or are u just being nice!?

lol

-phil-