ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wall Mountable LCD TV question

Golf R soon...
I am looking to buy a 32" LCD TV at the end of the month to treat myself for doing so much out-of-hours support :approve:

Looking at buying this one

44BB0C817974007C020000002BC29B86.jpg

Sony Bravia KDL-32U2000U 32" LCD TV

from

https://secure.121electricals.com/detail.asp/sku=KDL32U2000

at £653.00

Just wondering what I need to take into consideration when mounting the TV on the wall?

DazG

RS Clio 200
why a sony mate?
samsungs use the same panels, hence the same picture as the bravias, and cost alot less... dont get sucked in by the name.

wall bracket will cost you about 60-80 quid

Golf R soon...
why a sony mate?
samsungs use the same panels, hence the same picture as the bravias, and cost alot less... dont get sucked in by the name.

wall bracket will cost you about 60-80 quid

Never had problem with Sony thats all, had LG and Samsung previously and had a few problems.

Does the TV need to mounted on a outer wall or does it matter?

doesnt matter, ive mounted a 50" on a stud partition no problem, as long as you get a couple of screws into the wood and the rest using hollow wall anchors (brolly fixings we call them)

yet to have any fall off the wall, touch wood..

Golf R soon...
doesnt matter, ive mounted a 50" on a stud partition no problem, as long as you get a couple of screws into the wood and the rest using hollow wall anchors (brolly fixings we call them)

yet to have any fall off the wall, touch wood..

Just worried about it falling off thats all but the TV I want doesn't weigh anymore than 20kg so I am sure it will be ok!

What LCD's would you guys recommend?

RS Clio 200
Mine is mounted on an outside wall, but thats only because the studded wall didnt give me any real options as to where i had it placed. Piss easy to do.... worth spending a couple of hours really thinkin about where you want it, viewing angles etc, and viewing height most importantly.... i worked my height out to the mm when mounting.

Personally i like the Samsungs, and i have the LE40R51B model which has the Bravia panel. Sony are reliable, i can't deny that, but i have never had any problems with samsung myself either.

Personally i really wouldnt bother paying extra for Sony when something like the samsung, or indeed others brands use the same panels, or similar. I tend to think along the lines of "if its Jap, it wont go back"....unfortunately some newer budget brands break that theory LOL.

Panasonic are very good for LCD and Plasmas too.

Golf R soon...
Mine is mounted on an outside wall, but thats only because the studded wall didnt give me any real options as to where i had it placed. Piss easy to do.... worth spending a couple of hours really thinkin about where you want it, viewing angles etc, and viewing height most importantly.... i worked my height out to the mm when mounting.

Personally i like the Samsungs, and i have the LE40R51B model which has the Bravia panel. Sony are reliable, i can't deny that, but i have never had any problems with samsung myself either.

Personally i really wouldnt bother paying extra for Sony when something like the samsung, or indeed others brands use the same panels, or similar. I tend to think along the lines of "if its Jap, it wont go back"....unfortunately some newer budget brands break that theory LOL.

Panasonic are very good for LCD and Plasmas too.

Cheers for that! :approve:

I have a very small room 2.5m x 2.5m no bigger so I need the tv as way away as possible :)

Been looking at Samsung, what do you reckon on this one, Samsung LN-S3296D:

http://www.samsung.com/Products/TV/LCDTV/LNS3296DXXAA.asp

b2c_l_lns4696d.jpg