ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wannu tidy up the bay

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Well guys, I have missed not playing with an accessable engine bay! Now I have a sport again (front engined anyway) :eek: I want to tidy her up as much as possible.

So what it easy enough to do & won't effect my insurance? I don't want engine mods like induction kits etc.

I have the top manifold bit coming, part polsihed thanks to 1inamillion, which I have plans for along with the engine cover.

Battery cover? Bits like that?

Cheers

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If it was me, i'd remove the inlet manifold, paint the rocker cover silver, polish up the inlet manifold and fuel rail guard, fit some new top mounts (They go rusty) and give it a bloody good clean.

Here's some inspiration for you... ;)

SS850956.jpg

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
mmmmm, SHINY!!!!!!! :D

I wannu polish up that bit just under the manifol, what is it & how much are they? Are they a pain to swap over?

Cheers, thats helped loads.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Fuel rail guard? They're normally about £20 posted in the for sale section.

couple of deep 10mm nuts to get it off, dead easy.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Exactly the same dawn. ph1/ph2 172 and 182's all have the same one.

(assuming we are talking about the long rectangle bit with 3 holes in the pic above?)

Lionel Richie
polishing up the plenum - yes it looks pretty, but technically you are making the surface area of the material less therefore = hotter inlet temp = worse performance

172/1.2/E30
Technically the gases flow through the plenum quite quick having not that much time to exchange thermal energy with the plenum. A reason why PTFE inlet gaskets are useless.

Lionel Richie
take the car for a good long drive, then turn off the engine and put your hands on your polished plenum, let me know how long you can hold them on there for ;)

172/1.2/E30
Do the same with a non-polished plenum and measure the time. Or be precise and measure the surface temperature. These few °K will make f**k all difference.

Lionel Richie
i dunno, i have seen 17degC (from memory, i have the details on my work laptop) difference on my fancy laser wotsit, that's a fair chunk of heat to "get rid of"

EDIT hang on just checked my old e-mails

Golf V6 4Motion
And when the air is going through more slowly they work better?
and to reduce overall heat build up in the plenum they work better?
plus they last god knows how much longer and seal better than standard....

Fred is right..