ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Want a better sounding exhaust for Clio 2009 1.2 16v

Extreme 1.2 59plate
I’m looking to change my exhaust as I really don’t like the sound it makes at anything above 1500RPM. Any suggestions?

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Depends what you're looking for in terms of noise, but there's always a cherry bomb backbox if you want louder and raspier.

It's a decent enough little engine but it's not a very nice sounding one unfortunately.

1.2 16v Clio Mk2 2dr
Like said above cherry bomb for the rasp and noise but if you want a decent exhaust get a custom one done at a shop where its fairly tame until about 3k and then opens up

Extreme 1.2 59plate
Depends what you're looking for in terms of noise, but there's always a cherry bomb backbox if you want louder and raspier.

It's a decent enough little engine but it's not a very nice sounding one unfortunately.
Yeah the cherry bomb sounds good I just watched a video. Where could I buy this? Thanks in advance.

Extreme 1.2 59plate

Like said above cherry bomb for the rasp and noise but if you want a decent exhaust get a custom one done at a shop where its fairly tame until about 3k and then opens up
Cherry bomb sounds good. Where could I purchase this?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I'd rather fit a cone intake than an exhaust to be honest. My 1.2 had a K&N 57i and the intake noise was ridiculously better than it had any right to be. Plus you could completely decide when to make said noise (whereas a cheap exhaust will NEVER shut up), and it probably was less c**ty to the neighbours too.

Video for context;

Extreme 1.2 59plate
I'd rather fit a cone intake than an exhaust to be honest. My 1.2 had a K&N 57i and the intake noise was ridiculously better than it had any right to be. Plus you could completely decide when to make said noise (whereas a cheap exhaust will NEVER shut up), and it probably was less c**ty to the neighbours too.

Video for context;

Extreme 1.2 59plate

Video for context;

I like this! Where could I purchase this and what’s the cost roughly?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I like this! Where could I purchase this and what’s the cost roughly?
The K&N version seems to be going for silly money but there’s this:

You can get the 1.2 8v K&N kit on ebay for about the same price but I’m not sure whether it’ll fit the 16v too.

Extreme 1.2 59plate
The K&N version seems to be going for silly money but there’s this:

You can get the 1.2 8v K&N kit on ebay for about the same price but I’m not sure whether it’ll fit the 16v too.
Thanks for your help! :)