ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

want sat nav? these are cheap!

A number of clios
dont buy this one mate goto tesco there selling the icn 510 for bout £190 looks alot better and if you buy an antenna (cos signal is poor overwise) of ebay for bout 20 quid it's just as good as a tomtom i had that one took it back and bought the 510 loads better

SLK 350
Just goto Somerfield, currently selling the Garmin i3 @ £99. Has 3D mapping and speed camera database support - unlike the crappy unit above.

jzr

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
my mate is selling a nokia 6600 with tom tom on it an it comes with a bluetooth gps

Golf GTI 1.8T
ozzyo99 said:
Just goto Somerfield, currently selling the Garmin i3 @ £99. Has 3D mapping and speed camera database support - unlike the crappy unit above.

are you serious!?? they have them for 99 quid!! :eek::eek:

Ford Fiesta ST2
mitchzxr said:
are you serious!?? they have them for 99 quid!! :eek::eek:

Yeah, got mine from kwik save the other day. REALLY good value for money. Find your local kwik save or somerfield and see if they have any left!!!

Alex

Golf GTI 1.8T
no wayyyy!! think I might go get one, theres a somerfields in town approx 0.2 miles away lol!

are they any good, think I might have to get a review up on one, do they come with the screen suction cup thingy-ma-jiggys?

artic blue 182
p3rcy1 said:
dont buy this one mate goto tesco there selling the icn 510 for bout £190 looks alot better and if you buy an antenna (cos signal is poor overwise) of ebay for bout 20 quid it's just as good as a tomtom i had that one took it back and bought the 510 loads better

i have had both and the navman dont even come close to the tomtom one,my navman ended up on ebay after 5 months crap signal and crap maps

the garmin one for 99 quid is a steal tho:D

Golf GTI 1.8T
cool what about that PDA they are selling, in that post he doesnt mention what brand they are...

Ford Fiesta ST2
mitchzxr said:
no wayyyy!! think I might go get one, theres a somerfields in town approx 0.2 miles away lol!

are they any good, think I might have to get a review up on one, do they come with the screen suction cup thingy-ma-jiggys?

Fantastic unit. Highly reccomend it. As good as my brothers tomtom 300. Just doesn't have touch screen, but the wheel is as good if not better, especially when entering postcodes. I have added loads of points of interest such as BP garages, argos's, B&Q's, and best of all speed cameras. Really easy to install these to and put alerts on, all done using the PC. Maps on it are really new as well. Go out and get yourself one ASAP!!!! Worth every penny.

Comes with suction cup, car power lead, USB lead, and CD rom.

Anything else you wanna know about it just ask.

Golf GTI 1.8T
Cheers Alex, thats really helpfull, think I'll pop down somers after dinner and nab myself one!! hopes they got some in... Do you have to pay for any road updates?

Ford Fiesta ST2
mitchzxr said:
Cheers Alex, thats really helpfull, think I'll pop down somers after dinner and nab myself one!! hopes they got some in... Do you have to pay for any road updates?

I'm not sure about the updates, i'd say probably yes. But I've flashed mine with the latest software which was really easy, and it seems they are keeping regular software dates coming out. Give somerfield a call and see if they've got one, I got them to put one behing the desk for me to make sure it was still there when i got there!

Skoda Fabia vRS
we sell i3's at work and they are great little units, everyone looks at it and just says no i dont want that its tiny, but once they see how easy it is to use, and how clear the screen is, they usually buy one

Golf GTI 1.8T
Nooooo!! the one in my town hasn't got any, just phoned sudbury and braintree branch and they have none. Phone chelmsford and they she said they have 6 for £129.99 so then I said they should be £99.99 and she said come in tomorrow because she wasnt certain. So looks like I'll be taking a trip over there in the morn, need to go to maplin anyways. :)

richard691

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo RS133 & 172
So are they still on sale for £99.99 and do they pick up the signal well with the heat reflective windscreen?

I just got the i3, havent had the chance to play with it yet, £99 from somerfields. So if i goto the garmin website, will it download all the cameras in the u.k. automatically?

Ford Fiesta ST2
chris'172 said:
I just got the i3, havent had the chance to play with it yet, £99 from somerfields. So if i goto the garmin website, will it download all the cameras in the u.k. automatically?

If you go to the garmin website that will only update your software, worth doing. Follow the 2nd post on another forum... Garmin post

And have a look at post that may help you here too... Garmin Forum

Any more help you need, or any questions feel free to ask.

Golf GTI 1.8T
noooooo!! just phoned another 2 somerfields and theyve all gone :(

If anyone can get hold of one for me and bring it to that pod that would be much appreciated, possibly the chingford branch might have them.....

Do what i did, get an O2 XDAIIi for £50 from O2, rip off a copy of tomtom 3, buy a car cradle with gps reciever, around £80, download Camera POI and hey presto, tomtom3 for £130

6/468 17poo
Mitch have you tried the clacton branch as theres 2 somerfields here, both quite big ones maybe give them a buzz, if i go in town ill have a look for ya!
Ryan

Golf GTI 1.8T
I was gonna, but after trying Halstead, Sudbury, Braintree, 2 in Chelmsford and Chingford I kinda gave up lol

But I'll give them a buzz now, cheers.

6/468 17poo
i went there the other day and they definitly had some but cant remember how much, as i work in halfords and we sell em for £200 notes somerfield seem rather cheap!!!
Any luck?

Ryan

Golf GTI 1.8T
Nope :( both branches haven't got any.... well the one in town said she can't see any on the shelf but I don't think she knew exactly what I was after. :S

jzr

just bought one in my locak kwik save i was after the pda but they were sold out, but they had 3 3gi's left so i bought one

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Have found local shop with 3 left, going tues to buy.

Should i buy them all & ebay them as £140 seems to be the going rate.

Are they any good????????? borrowed mates tomtom 1 got me to where i wanted to go no probs.........

jzr

i think ebay price's r dropping mate. by the time you pay ebay fees an paypal you will be lucky to see £10

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
jzr said:
i think ebay price's r dropping mate. by the time you pay ebay fees an paypal you will be lucky to see £10

Yeah your right, anyone need one?????????

Golf GTI 1.8T
YES MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! lol

you are talking about the Garmin i3 arent you!!?!

are you going to santa pod steve?