ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Want to make my clio look better

197 black
i have a black 2003 clio and i feel i need to do something to make it look better. budget of about £300 at the moment, any ideas and prices roughly would be good cheers.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
^^

Will improve looks and handeling

£300 will get you some decent second hand ones

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Yes but so are 1.2 Clios ;)

He says he wants it to look better. Springs + insurance change will just about fill the budget.

It'll look the same as if the boot was filled with a couple of bags of cement. What's the point ?!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Yes but so are 1.2 Clios ;)

He says he wants it to look better. Springs + insurance change will just about fill the budget.

It'll look the same as if the boot was filled with a couple of bags of cement. What's the point ?!

You sir, are getting old!
With your argument whats the point about modifing anything, could put cement in the back of a RS.

I think its harmless if people want to play around with the look of things, doubt his insurance will go up from a new grill and coulourcoding and teh springs, well we all know that a good driver behind teh wheel of a 1.2 can beat a bad driver in an RS.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I am getting old. I'll openly admit that.

Generally, as proven on here most weeks, people take a smart looking standard car, and wreck it with tints, badly painted wheels, awful lights, bonnet lifters, slam it on its arse so it's un-drivable, and then wonder why they get ripped to shreds on here or laughed at when they can't negotiate the first speedbump they find.

Springs will make it handle a bit better, assuming the shocks cope with it. But then the wheels will need spacing out to look right. It's a slippery slope to replacing the wheels, brakes, coilovers when springs don't quite do it any more, then buckets etc etc... costing a fortune.

OP wants it to look better, but has no idea what he wants to do, or much money to do it with. Everyones opinion of 'better' differs. Go look at the media section and get some ideas !

I'd love to know how bad a driver one would have to be to get beaten at anything in an RS by a 1.2, other than reversing into a space at Tesco. :S

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
lol, valid above comments, but taking it to an extreme.

And in regards to the 1.2 quicker than a RS, I can show you the Time Trial results from the Airfield days I used to do. Powa isn't everything!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Look in the non sport thread mate you'll get some ideas :) what about a 172 rear bumper? Around £70 to buy and about the same to spray professionally :) makes them look better ;) don't spray the alloys black mate, looks poo and please don't tint.

My car came with the alloys sprayed black and they've been sitting in my shed for the past year and a half. I may refurbish them back to standard

RS6 C7
Rs grill
Lower it on springs unless you want to blow your whole budget on coilovers?
Colour code
Maybe space the alloys out
Then leave it

197 black
I think im going to colour code it rs grill and then lower it later when i have more money. space alloys???

Black 172
You could change the side 'repeater' indicators to clear (from orange). That looks much better than orange ones on a black car. This is about the only mod I intend to do to my 172! :)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Spacers go between the alloy and (hub?) to push the alloy out from in the arches. If you lower your car the chances are the alloys will be right in the arch and will look weird.

There's probably a better way to say this but meh

RS6 C7
Spacers just improve stance, they go between the wheel and the hub, I wouldnt bother with them unless you lower the car.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
best thing you could do is lower it mate, second hand coilovers for that money + colour code some bits and pieces, will look really good

i hate it when people say dont bother modding non sports. if its your car and you have to keep it for a few years then why not do what you want ? lower it mate :)

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
New loads of shops, second hand, here or ebay.

Get a membership and you can search the forum for reviews, sales advice etc

clio 5door sport rep
i lol at all the 182 people on here who think theyre better that 1.2 drivers.... listen mate if you have the money and the time. why not.......

if you dont have the money or the time then dont bother. simple..... non sport thread has LOADS of reasons to ignore 182 owners telling you to "leave it"....

MK3 GTI golf 16v
coilovers you basicly have 2 options. cheap new ones from ebay, or second hand better quality ones. you can pick up second hand ones on here, ebay etc etc