ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ward's car history

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
So I read another car history thread and decided I wanted to create my own!

Corsa B 1.2 LS

My first far car and possibly the slowest car ever made!! I didn't do anything to this, it died a couple months after purchasing. Terrible photo but the only one I could find.

corsals_zps24cd9d3a.jpg

Cinquecento 1.1 Sporting

An amazingly crap car but I loved it! Ran this thing to death every where I went. This was rolled one night in the rain and then scrapped.

cinq_zps8e3193db.jpg

cinq-dead7_zpsda53077b.jpg

Corsa B Sport 1.4

Mr first aurora purple and second Corsa B. This was crashed into a curb and cracked the sump, and eventually scrapped.

corsabdaj_zps6bd7b26d.jpg

Corsa B Sport 1.4 (again)

I then bought a second aurora purple and continued to mod this, it went through a couple different stages. This was killed through my terrible driving and split/sold for pennies to mate for a XE project.

corsabokgearly_zpsbe559393.jpg

corsabokgback_zps16b228b0.jpg

corsabokg_zpse2e005b5.jpg

Corsa B GSI replica

My 4th Corsa B and the worst car I owned, barely drove it during the brief time I owned it. Sold on eBay for about £600.

corsabgsi_zps5d740ffc.jpg

Corsa C 1.4

I really loved this car at first but two head gaskets later and I just hated it by the end. Sold this for the Clio!

corsac_zpscff1d52f.jpg

corsacback_zps52bc1a78.jpg

RenaultSport Clio 182

And now the Clio!! My favourite car by far!

IMG_1054_zps3a3ad4d1.gif

Cup In bits
I have a soft spot for corsa b 1.4 sports, they sound epic with a pipercross and handle brilliant with good tyres and good springs. My one met its end with a 70mph scandi flick (3rd time unlucky in this case :eek:) I'm still gutted I scrapped it for just a bent axle. The first car I properly learnt how to drive in.

edit: Also my mum had a cinquecento sporting and to this day its the scariest 100mph I have done in anything.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So pretty much every car you've ever owned, you've either blown it up or crashed it?

Inferno 225 cup
Loved my corsa 1.4sport so quick for a small engined car.

Same colour as your red one with calibra fu leather heated seats.

Inferno 225 cup
There's not a car I have more hate for than a corsa b. Really don't understand people's obsession with them.

On the plus side, your clio is nice :D

Back when I was 17 they was the new nova, drop a 421 manifold on and a Decat and they flew + they are piss easy to drop the redtop engine in couple that with twin 45 webers and you've got yourself toy.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
This. I f**king hate the things with a passion.

Don't crash the 182 though, it's nice!

I'll certainly not do it intentionally haha! Thanks :)

Back when I was 17 they was the new nova, drop a 421 manifold on and a Decat and they flew + they are piss easy to drop the redtop engine in couple that with twin 45 webers and you've got yourself toy.

Loads of my mates had Corsa Bs back then, and two of them had LET conversions, one of them competed in Ten of the Best one year and it was an absolute animal - scariest passenger ride I've ever had in that thing!

Rb 182
As I've stated previously I'm a bit if a Vaux fan, really like your corsa's. I had a silver one that I dropped on nova 60m shocks and springs and put some cavy brakes on. Loved it. Should have Xe'd that rather than putting a Volvo turbo lump in my mk1 :(

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Corsa's are great cars to learn working on, especially if you do things like an XE conversion with one, as they really do go well for what they are, quite miss mine although the clio undoubtedly handles better.