ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warning concerning Renault Warranty



  172 Cup


I know this will not affect all of you but I know for a fact that some owners have applied to extend their warranty in the same manner as myself.

I think it has been common knowledge for a while that by supplying certain documents to Renault it has been possible to extend the warranty of the car to 3 years. I personally have a letter confirming "all vehicles purchased within the eu after oct17th 2000 are eligible for 3 year extended warranty". The letter gos on to state that all i need to do in this 3 year period is to take said documents to my local dealership at the time of having any warranty work carried out.

I have just called Renault customer services to ask for this to be confirmed in writing to me i.e the same letter with MY name on it. They are now saying no such letter exists and that i have no warranty left on the vehicle. I mentioned people on this site have had their confirmation letters through and was told basically "good luck" when you try to get any work carried out. When I asked to speak to the author of the letter they have cut me off.

I am only warning people as it is my understanding quite a few people have been told they can extend their warrantys to 3 years.
 

GR7

  Shiny red R32


Maybe our friend Bob RTE can throw some light on this subject when he logs on later tonight - unless he is making pancakes again!
 
  172 Cup


I would like some information. You can appreciate how I feel. Its a nice feeling knowing that "if" anything went wrong I was covered for 3 years but no thats been ruined!
 

GR7

  Shiny red R32


Perhaps we could all bombard Renault with e-mails concerning warranties and see what replies we all get!
 
  172 Cup


I really could cry now!!!!!!!!!!

Just been called back by some-one else. The conversation literally went:

Renault "Vin number?"

Me "blah, blah, blah" (and no sarky comments)

Renault "That no probs, you have 3 years, we will send confirmation"

Me "WTF!!" Not really!
 
  VW Potato


they wont bother to reply.

can that brand manager chap (Julian?) comment on this?

Julian - this is why reno make us grumpy.

g
 


Yep

I got screwed by Renault today, called up with my VIN number and the girl looked it up on the system. Turns out that despite the fact that my car was registered on the 13/1/02 it was delivered by Renault on the 12/12/01.

This means that I miss the 2 year waranty which was instigated on the 1/1/02 and in fact have no figing warenty at all!

I was three weeks away from getting three years waranty and I am now not covered at all, gutted Im more than gutted.

To cap it all the girl on at Renault says to me dont worry if something happens to it we may still give you some thing towards the costs of the work

Yeah right and pigs might fly! Im positive that if I try and get anything fixed under a non-existant waranty and try to claim against Renault the first thing they will say is F*CK OFF! And I wouldnt blame them either. I will right to them and see what they can do but I suspect the answer will be sweet FA. Oh well

MB
 


Everything i have had done to be clio has been free, they dont ask for proof of warranty. Surely a mechanic just looks at your plate to see how old it is?
 

GR7

  Shiny red R32


Quote: Originally posted by Scudetto on 05 March 2003


they wont bother to reply.

can that brand manager chap (Julian?) comment on this?

Julian - this is why reno make us grumpy.

g





I think you might mean JEREMY cool name TOWNSEND
 


i took an extra 3 year warranty when i brought the car, i did not buy my car new it was 2 years old so they flogged me a 3 year one with warrantey holdings who are **** my water pump went said they would pay for the pump but nothing else to get to my pump had to take out cam belt and alot more bits and i had to pay for it i payed £316 they paid £116 work that one out cause i cant wrote to them and received no reply at all.
 


Quote: Originally posted by Matblack on 05 March 2003


Yep

I got screwed by Renault today, called up with my VIN number and the girl looked it up on the system. Turns out that despite the fact that my car was registered on the 13/1/02 it was delivered by Renault on the 12/12/01.

This means that I miss the 2 year waranty which was instigated on the 1/1/02 and in fact have no figing warenty at all!

I was three weeks away from getting three years waranty and I am now not covered at all, gutted Im more than gutted.

To cap it all the girl on at Renault says to me dont worry if something happens to it we may still give you some thing towards the costs of the work

Yeah right and pigs might fly! Im positive that if I try and get anything fixed under a non-existant waranty and try to claim against Renault the first thing they will say is F*CK OFF! And I wouldnt blame them either. I will right to them and see what they can do but I suspect the answer will be sweet FA. Oh well

MB
Mat, I had EXACTLY the same!!!!! Mine is regersterd 1/3/02 but Ren told me no it was 1/12/01 and refused the 3 year warrenty

So I sent a stern letter to the dealer who I bought it from (non Ren) telling them that the warrenty was the reason I bought from them (as theyd told me it was valid) and I was not happy that they had given me incorrect info.

The nice man at the dealer is now arguing the case with Renault for me.

Ill keep you posted
 


My local Renault dealer has no idea about this coz it seems that their database is not linked to Renault UK, and so they treat my car as of the reg.
 

GR7

  Shiny red R32


Quote: Originally posted by VivJ on 05 March 2003

My local Renault dealer has no idea about this coz it seems that their database is not linked to Renault UK, and so they treat my car as of the reg.
I think this is something to do with whether the name Renault comes before the dealers name or after it - eg. near me is Renault Edinburgh and Abercromby Renault and possibly Abercromby Renault might not be linked up to the main computer as you have just mentioned!! These were the guys that did warranty work on my car using just the reg no as ID.
 


GR,

they are Dales Renault, (they also sell Rover and MG) that must mean that they are franchised and not owned by Renault as such??
 
  Clio Williams 1, 182,197


VIV

yOU ARE SPOT ON MY FRIEND !!

uNLESS THEY ARE OWNED BY RENAULT !! Ie Renault liverpool, Renault Watford.

Some dealers like the one you mentioned are franchaised.
 
  Clio II 1.4 Priveleg


Hi Leigh

Driveline is a franchised dealer and we have full access to the Renault database. Some franchises do not have access directly but normally can use another dealer to get information on their behalf.

As for the import/warranty issue - this is not my field of expertise and therefore will not commit myself to making incorrect comments.

Maybe Jeremy could look into this one.

Laters

Bob RTE
 
  Clio Williams 1, 182,197


Bob

I was only refering to the fact that if it aint got Renault before the name of the dealership. Then its a franchaised dealer. :)

However i do know where your coming from about the database. Personally i thought most dealers franchaised or not had access to the Reanault Data base.;)

But then what the fook do i know !! :sleep:
 


Mines also an import. When I bought it I was told I definatley had the first year and could get a second year out of Renault if I wrote them a letter saying they were infringing on my European rights as a member of the EU!!

Renaulte have honoured my first year, although it was actually nine months as the warranty starts from the time it is first registered, in my case in the Netherlands!!!
 
  Clio II 1.4 Priveleg


Hi Leigh

I obviously went off on a tangent! :oops:

But then again, what the fook do I know! :p

I bet we have forgotten more than we know!

LMAO :devilish:

Bob
 
  Clio Williams 1, 182,197


Bob

You bacon sarnie eating coffee drinking tab monster !!

I forgive you my friend !!:cool:

Life is too short to start fighting and whinging and holloring about sh*t !!(y)

If you get me !! Dig it !!
 


If your car is a personal import you can get the UK warranty providing your car was supplied within the EU and you apply before the 1st year runs out. However, the clock started ticking when the car was orginally supplied in the 1st country - the site you bought it from may well say that it is new but it would have been delivered to another country first and there could well have been a period of time between that and it being physically sold in the UK.
 


Jeremy

I could accept that if I hadnt called Renault CS and got confirmation that my car was in warranty until 9/04 without me doing anything - now apparently this is not the case, they do no record telephone calls and your post above doesnt reflect the letter that griff_90 has in his possesion....

Arjun
 
  2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro


Well when I was buying my 172 second hand in december I was pretty well suprised to find out that I still had 1 1/2 years left on the warrenty because the car was sold after 12 June 2001.

I had this confirmed by my HP company who phoned me in Feb to see if I was interested in extending my 3 year warrenty for another 2 years for £250 (the warrenty is underwritten by my bank since they own the hp company).

So Im now sitting with 3 1/2 years of warrenty remaining.

Things like exhaust, suspension and consumables are not included so I think I might consider an aftermarket exhaust (mines way too quiet), and some lower suspension in the near future.
 
  172 Cup


Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 06 March 2003

If your car is a personal import you can get the UK warranty providing your car was supplied within the EU and you apply before the 1st year runs out. However, the clock started ticking when the car was orginally supplied in the 1st country - the site you bought it from may well say that it is new but it would have been delivered to another country first and there could well have been a period of time between that and it being physically sold in the UK.


Nowhere on the "official" Renault document does it say you need to apply before the 1st year runs out! Whos correct then? Jeremy or Renault?
 


Extended warranty with a third party is not worth the paper its written on.

Warranty Holdings are the worst. I had two engines and two gearboxes go on a Saab and they would not pay a penny as they said it was wear and tear as opposed to unexpected mechanical breakdown. Pah

When I quizzed them about this they admitted that just about any claim could be refused on wear and tear. They were like what do did you expect, were an insurance company

I came everso close to committing murder that day.
 


Top