ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WARNING!!! Cup to be avoided!!!

I feel obliged to in form anyone who is looking to buy a 172 Cup in the Wiltshire area, to avoid WU53KSJ like the plague.

It's my old motor, got rid of it last weekend.

Although I always serviced, warmed and cooled the little beasty without fail it spent nearly all it's life being thrapped like I hired it, everywhere.

I looked through my receipts file and thought it best to remove some of them before taking it in for part-ex. I think I went through 8 pairs of front tyres and 4 pairs of front pads in total!!

You have been warned!! LOL!

A hammered life doesn't seem to matter the fastest and least problematic are hammered ones.
How many miles had it got?

lol, noticed it had gone recently. New motor looks nice.

Mine is off soon so we will go from 2 to none on the same road within weeks.

172 cup TT
At first i was thinking "you w@nker".. then realise you had given it to a dealer.. or, im assuming you have???.. if so, fair play :) hope it was a reno stealer too :)

Lux'd Glacier White R26
LMAO...quality thread. Now thats honesty for you!! I bet you ran and hid after letting it go..

Tyson

Banana
Pmsl.. I traded in a saxo for my clio and it had holes in the bonnet where bonnet pins used to be, and holes all over the inside where the roll cage was. I filled the holes and painted them and it looked terrible, so I made sure it was pissing down when the dealer looked at it and it went un-noticed!! Took the clio back a week later for a minor repair and the salesman saw me and went mental! It felt good seeing the salesman being ass-raped for a change lol.

TDI tyre shreader
isnt that the same as all the other renault sports? mine hits the limiter before the end of my road and yesterday it spend the best part of an hour drifting round a farmers field in the rain!!

I'm sure 99% of cups (thats are'nt smashed) are driven like this I know mine was. Like you said warmed through and full history. Mine went like stink!

You're just showing off cos you think you're mad.

BMW Z4 3.0i
The dealer isn't gonna be arsed you've ragged it. They'll sell it just the same and get the same cash for it. It's the poor bugger who pays the extra cash to buy from a dealer just to get a shagged one.

133/225/CLS AMG
Rufstuf said:
Pmsl.. I traded in a saxo for my clio and it had holes in the bonnet where bonnet pins used to be, and holes all over the inside where the roll cage was. I filled the holes and painted them and it looked terrible, so I made sure it was pissing down when the dealer looked at it and it went un-noticed!! Took the clio back a week later for a minor repair and the salesman saw me and went mental! It felt good seeing the salesman being ass-raped for a change lol.

that is wicked mate!! I love hearing a story like that, surely if the salesman was doing his job he's have checked it over properly.

I bet you felt proper smug after that!! lol

X-172 Cup
great thread, lol - appreciate your honesty - as Edde said you will be surprised how much abuse the Cup will take, of course as a buyer you would rather it wasn't thrashed within an inch of it's life on an hourly basis but I think buyers should also be realistic - the Cup was squarely marketed as a car built for competition use...as long as the car always had good fully synth oil in it, was serviced properly and warmed up before given a bloody good hiding it will probably be OK...for reference I hit the 'gear change' light on a daily basis and me & my Cup like it that way :approve:

106 GTi
Rufstuf said:

lol superb!

E36 323i coupe
Wouldn't touch YY53 KSU either - but that's cos (a) it spent 1/4 the time I had it in the garage, with bunches of recess monkies from Dixons standing round it scratching their heads (and balls), and (b) I HPI'd it to see if it was still in existence, and according to the DVLA it has never existed, which makes me think that the dealer put the wrong plates on it from day 1. Plus I believe the kid after me pranged it and put it back on the road.

Incidentally it IS still on the road cos I saw it a short time ago near Harrogate.

I really hope some muppet Trowbridge chavvie buys it. I would take great pleasure in seeing it steaming away on the side of the road somewhere after the gomo has blamed the lack of ABS for him crashing into a lampost (don't want anyone hurt obv!!).