ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warning light after trackday - suggestions please

Subaru imp & leggy
I did a track day at Brands Hatch Indy yesterday in my 2003 172 - great fun and the car performed really well. Driving home its about 75 mins of almost all motorway along M25, I was maybe 30 mins into the journey when I noticed a warning light on - its the bottom right hand engine shaped light and the light was orange.
I dropped to 55mph and covered the next 15 miles to the services, stopped and had a good look around engine bay - no oil or other visible issues anywhere, temperature was normal, I let the car cool down for 20 mins and then restarted and light remained on - I drove the remaining 23 miles at a steady 55 - 60mph and got home without incident.
Also noticed a really strange noise which didn't seem related to particular revs or road surface and im sure wasn't bits of tyre tread pinging off - best way to describe it was it sounded like the noise when you shake a rattle can of spray paint and the mixer device rattles.

Does anyone have any ideas? - is this the emissions light rather than an engine warning light and any ideas on where to start with this?
The car has a cat fitted and I did wonder whether this may have died on track - heard a couple of pops at one point on the straight on track which sounded like when I hit the loud pedal on my impreza and then back off and the exhaust pops - 2 pops back to back but nothing else before or after and didn't notice the strange noise on track - only on the way home.

I have also recently stripped out the rear interior so a few new noises and rattles there but this noise was really odd.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
It will be emissions/cat/lambda related.

The rattle noise does sound similar to strings of rubber hitting the rear arches as they're peeling off. Is it from the rear?

Subaru imp & leggy
It sounded like it was coming from the middle of the car more than the rear but it does obviously sound noisier generally with carpets and trim etc gone

Subaru imp & leggy
Any one in Berkshire near bracknel or Maidenhead people recommend who can run diagnostic? Also if cat is buggered would a decat solve it?