ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warning light on and car seemed limited?

The warning light with the wire-type thing and the box with squiggly line in above it came on, and when I started moving I had my foot on the floor but the car was hardly moving. When I changed gear, it would jerk as if it was normal speed but it still seemed limited.

I couldn't even get up a little hill, so it stalled and when I turned it back on the warning light had gone and it was driving fine. It's been fine ever since but the warning light comes on every so often.

It could have been because I was listening to music using the battery in the morning (only for about 10 mins) but I've done this before and nothing has happened like this.

It seems to be fine now but I was just wondering if it's anything to be concerned about, I'd rather not take it to Renault again and pay £70 or whatever it is to get it checked. :(

Thanks all.

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
so many things it could be, this is what mine was doing and had it plugged in THROTTLE POSITIONING SENSOR, little blaxk ecu cover at back of the engine was rubbing on the wires, took it off problems never came back

Oh yeah, I noticed they were wearing away so took that off and had it taped up by Renault actually. I was thinking it was something to do with listening to my music on just the battery and/or leaving it in the (extremely hot on that particular day!) sun for a couple of hours.

Thanks a lot for your reply. :)