ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

warning light

Clio 172
hey,
got a 2002 clio 172 phase 2. the engine warning light flashed a couple of times on the way to work this morning. any ideas?
cheers

Golf GTI PP Mk7
this the one in the lower right of the dash, the orange one? i think thats the missions light, mine came on the other day too, followed by the ignition waring, then the car went into limp mode.

it was on the empty tho, so i got to a petrol station, filled up and went for a blast, and its fine now. The v-power i put in last time must of been contaminted. The manual says these lights can come on if water is present in the petrol system.

LY 200
Wrong Section!

Lol....Im sure someone will be along to move it soon for you but thats one extra post to your name for such a pointless comment anyway.

Which light is it mate?? My ABS one and the traction light flicked on a few times a but iv never had it hapen again to date.

Is it constantly on after switching the ignition off and then on again??

Clio 172
lol me bad....
it's the orange engine warning light on the bottom right of the dash.
it flashed a couple of times. it's not on constantly after restarting.
i filled it up to the brim with v-power yesterday cos it was same price as normal unleaded.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
same as me then mate, water in the engine bay most likely, or contaminated petrol, take it for a gd spanking now uve filled it up to run some new juice thru the injectors etc.

LY 200
lol me bad....
it's the orange engine warning light on the bottom right of the dash.
it flashed a couple of times. it's not on constantly after restarting.
i filled it up to the brim with v-power yesterday cos it was same price as normal unleaded.

Off topic but is it really mate??? What cost???

I filled mine up with ultima last night one pound bloody four per litre!!! :mad:

Clio 172
cheers, yeh was hoping it was water in the engine bay
can't wait to give it a good spanking lol :D

Clio 172
93.9p.
there was some shell rep on the forecourt - he said it's v-power week and selected garages would be offering it at the same price as normal unleaded.