ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warning lights

Clio 182
My 182 has started flashing up the stop and battery light,

I have tested the voltage and it was about 12.6v with engine off then about 13.5v while running. So the alt is charging but may still be failing. Both lights go off when you rev the engine and also go off while driving until I dip the clutch or stop.

So do you think this is a case of dodgy wires, failing alt or maybe something else? Is this a common thing on 182's?

Clio Sport 182
where did ya check the voltage from ? check it off the alternator and make sure your getting a proper voltage from there around 14 - 14.5v or check the voltage from the battery it should rise upto 14v when about 1800rpm if not i would say alternator is knackered and yes there is problems with alternator's mine went about 2 month ago best part of £210 from the dealer, lucky i got discount and got it for £110 !!!!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Put your lights on for 5 mins without the engine running , then check the battery . You'll see how good the battery is at holding a charge . There's a fine line between a good battery and one that's on it's way out .

The batteries on the 1*2's aren't the best . Mine suffers when the outside temperature drops to 3 degrees above freezing and below and it's not even 3 years old yet .

Clio 182
Ok thanks, I think it has to be either the battery (which i will test with another battery) or the alternator which is more likely as i can hear it whine, it seems to be ok when driving until you switch aircon on etc