ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warranties

Clio 200 FF
I'm looking to buy a 59 plate 200 which is now out of warranty and after reading all the problems with gearboxes, etc i wuld definately want a warranty.
Can i walk into a Renault dealership and buy a years warranty or can theirs only be bought as a continuation of the 3 year 1 as it's about to expire?
Any idea how much they charge?
Anyone else have a different warranty (warrantywise, etc) and can this be used at a Renault garage without having to pay up front for repairs then have the hassle of claiming expenses back?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio RS200
When I called Renault (and it also said this on the letter I got), that extended warranties through Renault can only be purchased if you are still in the term of your existing warranty.

I.e, if you are out of the initial 3 year one, you can't purchase an extended one as there is nothing to 'extend' so to speak.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
renault warranty isnt worth the paper its printed on either, or atleast the monkeys doing the work are worth less than that!, id stick a standing order into a savings account if i was you and you are worried about potential costs!

Clio RS200
You say that but I had a Twingo a few years back and Renault were great when I took it in under warranty.

I got a courtesy car for 2 days and they fixed the issue.

I realise not every time is they going to happen but my experience was good.

The only issue I am worried about is the gearbox one on the 200's but Renault just swap these out by the sound of it.