ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

warranty... again

i must be the unluckiest person ever. had my car in for warranty work so many times, some things like the intermitant service light and squeeky roof i have just given up on.

well, now it is lumpy 1st and 2nd gear. thought there could possibly be a leak in the gearbox oil or something. turns out they have problems with some 1.2 16v ecus (iv already had that replaced once!) and their is a modification by where they chip it, to correct ignition timing!

thought id share the info!

Volvo S60 T5

The only thing that can be done is to have the ECU reprogrammed but as you have had a new ECU thats been done, I know that the trottle body on the 1.2 16v give a bit of trouble, ask your dealer to to check the parameters with the CLIP diagnostic tool and carry out a recorded roadtest checking throttle readings along with other engine data. You may find that a new throttle body will sort this problem.