ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warranty Issues

Clio 172 Phase 2
Is is true that if you make changes to your car, ie, spring, air filter, etc...

this doesn't affect your warranty, i heard that Renault will not void your warranty, but only not cover your aftermarket parts??

please can someone clear this confusion up...

I was told by Bridges Renault in Reading they legally that legally they cannot void the warranty. However they will not cover the 3rd party parts and if they can prove that the 3rd party part caused the problem/damage then this too will not be covered under warranty.

Nippy white cup
If you have different springs and the gearbox goes then they should replace it....I``ve just got a gearbox on warrenty and it had the B+M quickshift on it lol

Chris

Sport182 said:
I was told by Bridges Renault in Reading they legally that legally they cannot void the warranty. However they will not cover the 3rd party parts and if they can prove that the 3rd party part caused the problem/damage then this too will not be covered under warranty.

That's usually the case. Always worth a phonecall to your dealer to confirm.