ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warranty issues

My car went in today to get the 4k rattle and leaking rear shock looked at.

Been told the shock isnt covered on the warranty but its been done (tho they havent worked out the price yet!! Gulp!) and the zorst needs a new imtermediate pipe which is also not covered by the warranty (£180 parts only!!). TITS!

The car is 21 months old with 33.5k on the clock if this makes much difference.

Is anyone able to confirm this for me?

Where can I find out more on what is and isnt covered?

I dont think its available to the general public. Basically, a dealership has access to a central renault database and IT tells them what renault will and wont pay them for doing.

So if Renault say its covered, its covered. If they say its not, or its only partially covered, then thats all the dealer gets paid for doing.

Obviously if its not covered, somone has to foot the bill for any work done, and that comes down to you...

I wouldnt have thought they should be doing work you have to pay for without first quoting you a price though :cry:

If you want, stick your VIN number on here (or send it to me in a private message if this board has the facility) and Ill have a look and confirm it for you ;)

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

surely they should at least meet u halfway???? the shock could be a wear and tear but the exhaust should be done under warrenty?????

Quote: Originally posted by Little Newms on 11 May 2005

surely they should at least meet u halfway???? the shock could be a wear and tear but the exhaust should be done under warrenty?????
I was thinking that!

I know with my saxo the warranty changed after the 1st year, less was covered from then on!

tiTTy & SV650

shocker leasking oil is a manufacturing error, mine went at 6k, fully covered by warranty

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

My rear shocks went at easter. 22k miles on a July 03 172. Not covered under warrenty. Tried at 2 dealerships aswell.

some much for the 3yr 36k miles warrenty.