ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warranty work

Renault have had my car all day today under warranty to fix my bad knocking noise when cornering hard left, Picked the car up and was told they had done the normal strut top fix under warranty (still cost me a tenner though) so engine warmed good left hand bend.... Still bloody there :mad:

Booked it straight back in and spoke to guy who did the work said it looked like had been catching but would have another look but not to worry in the meantime hes 100% sure its safe, Oh well at least hes having anothe look i suppose but its not confidence inspiring to say the least

Danny

Sound Similar to mine but mine knocks when driving enthusiasticly round left bends will mention to the guy when i take it back :)

he probably won,t of heard of this mod yet as it hasn,t been officialy released yet, but the strut top problem most 172,s are grouped together with,isn,t the fault, only rhd vehicles suffer with this,as the pipe work for lhd racks route differently, is yours happening when suspension compresses i,e in a dip on the road,and on a lock?:)

sharp bends under power but the strut fix seems to have helped a bit, its going back in 1/2 hour so i can take the guy out in it :devilish:

Mine had this exact problem, they used to have it in the garage they did the strut mount which helped for a while, i gave it a couple a weeks and it would come back, they had it back in to replace bushes etc, that didnt cure it, after having it in for 10 times they took the car to reading to have some expert look at it, was up there for 6 weeks, they so say rebuilt the whole front end but the noise was still there. They kept telling me that the car was safe but how do they know that when they dont know what the problem is. They never ever fixed mine, but after a lot of arguing, they arranged to take my car in as px and gave me a really good deal on a 182, it was that good yoiu could say i got full refund for the 172.

Well picked car up at dinner and they have said its the driveshaft, but it only does it when driving very hard which i told them thats what it was built for ;) There replacing next week and theres no extra cost for wear so hopefully this will sort it

Thanks for all the help in this and the other threads ive posted :)

Danny