ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

warranty

RB5 & 172

my 172 is in at renault for the infamous 4k vibration and i have been told the centre section needs replacing (as i was expecting). also my front shock needs replacing as it has a leak?

i have been told the exhaust is not covered after 1yr on the warranty but i should get a reduction and the same with the shock. is this correct???

not to fussed about the zorst as i will replace it with a non renault system however i do not really want to be paying for a shock that i thought would be covered on the warranty?

Shocks are tricky..... they are consumable..... Its like caining your car 24/7 everywhere and saying your brake pads have gone its only done 3k miles...

But if you drove fast and your gearbox went it would be replaced under warranty. They cant presume the car has had a hard life.

exactly

under warranty period i thought almost all components of car are covered. not even if the parts given up after a year. no part of car should give up after a years use really with only exceeption of break pads. shocks should be replaced free. i would ring reno head office and complain

wongy

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 28 February 2003

But if you drove fast and your gearbox went it would be replaced under warranty. They cant presume the car has had a hard life.

nice dig

RB5 & 172

i have rang a couple of different dealers and they all say the same that the shock is only covered for 1 year!

ill kick up a fuss when i go and collect it and see what they will do.