ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer bottle leak!

Clio 197 + Mrk 3 DCI
Hi guys

I filled my window washer bottle up yesterday and within 5 hours it was empty again with a pool of water under the car.
Has anyone havd experience in replacing the washer bottle before...... ? Or had a similar problem where it has leaked?

Clio 197 + Mrk 3 DCI
mine leaks from the light washer dodgy valve aint heard of the actual bottle leaking tho

Not sure if its the actualy bottle or not, it just drips under the car about 1 drip every second. I would take it out, just finding out if its quite hard or not as theres not much room to manuvre in the engine bay with it filled by a 2.0

53 Clio's & counting
You have head light washer jets mate? common with the 182s for the washer jets to leak, did that in my other halfs 182 and i thought it was the washer bottle to begin with

monaco 172
Hi guys

I filled my window washer bottle up yesterday and within 5 hours it was empty again with a pool of water under the car.
Has anyone havd experience in replacing the washer bottle before...... ? Or had a similar problem where it has leaked?

My bottle is leaking aswell mate.. except it lasts about 45seconds then its empty again, must hav a major crack in it. i'll be changing it over the weeknd.. i'll let u kno how it goes.

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
I fixed my washer bottle leak a while back with some sealant and super glue. Not had a problem with it since, but I've bought a spare bottle off here just in case.

It was leaking through a split on one of the holes for a washer pump. It looked like someone had a bit of a problem removing/fitting the washer pump.

It's an easy job btw and I have next to none car maintenance experience. The most time consuming part for me was removing the wiper arms.

I think there's a guide on here for changing a washer pump on a cup. On a 172 you have to remove the wiper arm linkage too to remove the washer bottle.

Clio 197 + Mrk 3 DCI
Ive got a 172 with headlight washers....its deffiantly not leaking from those though. Yeah let me know how it goes Chewitt.

Jun....Gonna have to see if i can remove the washer bottle and take a look at it. No idea where to start....:S Cheers for the info

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Good luck mate ! Nightmare to get out bad enough changing a washer motor :mad: