ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer jets not working. HELP!!!

Hi guys,

Ive got a Clio MK2 2000 plate 1.4 16v and ive got a problem with the washer jets. They seemed to work fine but now when I go to activate them no water comes out. The pipes seems to be dry aswell. The water bottle is full tho. The washer pump seems to be making the usual noise but still no water. Might change the washer pump. Could someone please tell me a part number and also where the washer pump is? Ive had a look and for the life of me I cannot find where the pump is!

Thanks

CB600FS
Pipes could be blocked, blast them threw(sp) with an airline if you can, does the pump sound lively atall or dying?

Remove the scuttle panel where your washer bottle is Tubbs, you'll see it down the side of the bottle. You'll see the block plug, remove that, then it'll pull out.

When your putting the new one in, be carefull not to push the rubber nodder into the bottle.

The pump does sound lively. Doesnt sound any different from when it used to work. Not sure if its a blocked pipe as the back washer jet doesnt work either.

CB600FS
If it was my own car, I'd remove the clips/rubber trim, and simply lift the side with the washer bottle, and wedge something under it to hold it up.

If not, its fairly easy, you may or may not choose to remove the wiper arms, without a puller can be a bit tricky.

Clio sport 1.2 16v
Mine have rarely worked, no matter how many times I took my car back to renault. The passenger side one works fine, the drivers side one, when fixed will work for about 5 seconds then fizzle out.