ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

washing car without permission

Ford Fiesta

anyone heard of this, couple of peopole come round wash your car thats on the drive or in the road and then ask for some money at the door! not happened to me personally but wouldnt want them doing it thats for sure....

not heard of that

something thats equally as baffling is sum1 wanting to have a work van fully valeted cos its a little dirty from money out of his pocket

Jay

No one washes my car! Not even me! lol

You have no obligation to pay them as you didnt not have any sort of contract verbal or otherwise.

don't

stuff paying, id ring the police, couldve damaged my car, and mayb i prefered the dirt, was my dirt and they will have taken it away, twoc

Nope, its not legal. Same kind of thing when you get goods sent through the mail that you didnt order, then get billed for them (unsolicited mail).

Clio v6

If they washed a car in my drive I would simply say its not mine, I have no idea who parked it there.

Id just go ape sh*t at them, accusing the person of possible damage and touching my property without my concent... Car is parked next to the garage where lies a baseball bat from my younger days! :p

Sy

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Quote: Originally posted by James on 19 July 2004

If they washed a car in my drive I would simply say its not mine, I have no idea who parked it there.
Everyone round James house then!

i dont know if its illegal for them to do it, id imagine it would as theyre interfering with our property without prior permission but were under no obligation to pay, but you cant do them for trespassing as that isnt illegal! possibly should be, but when you see the signs saying trespassers will be prosecuted you can disregard them completely

regards

Nissan Jewk

its bad enough the gypos who try wash your windscreen when you stop at the lights, pisses me right off!! And they chose to do it to me on a day when my wipers were busted so i couldnt stop them! lol! Its funny when they try and clean my bike screen PMSL

Quote: Originally posted by Pete_172 on 19 July 2004

You have no obligation to pay them as you didnt not have any sort of contract verbal or otherwise.
Try telling that to 10 pikeys standing on your doorstep demanding cash?!

172 Cup

Yup ^^^^ Sounds like a typical pikey trick to me. They been known to "re-surface" peoples drives when they are holiday then ask for a few grand when they return.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

I had window cleaners do this to my house.Cheeky buggers left a note saying they would be back to collect.

When they did i ripped it up infront of them and said "Errrr f**k OFF"

When they moaned i gave them 2 choices,take my advice or wait for the Police.

They f**ked off...now theres a suprise.

I let them off with the bit they missed !

Audi TT Quattro

haha Funkyjahooner

id hate it if someone cleaned my car.... ive watched other people wash cars before and i cant believe how some people continue to wash their car when they have just dropped the sponge on the ground... the car must be full of scratches.

I rarely wash my car.... i hose it off, dry it... and then polish it with Zymol :D nearly every week. I only do 90 miles a week lo

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 19 July 2004

Quote: Originally posted by LittleChick on 19 July 2004

I LOVE WASHING CARS!!!! (y) love LittleChick (y)
I did too, till i got one of my own, now its the Sunday afternoon chore

Lunner, whos that in your avatar? :)

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

id go mental if someone cleaned my car without my consent! watched my mate drop my chamois leather on my driveway then pick it up to use on his car- made me cringe so much that i sed he cud keep it! no doubt the pikey car-washers wud wash ure car and scratch it to sh*t!