ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washing clio in this weather?

Nothing at the mo :(
is it generally worth it? my car looks like a black car now *its silver lol*.. but im guessing it will just turn black again tomorrow?

Anyone washed there car in this crap snowy weather?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
mines not been washed for 2.5 months lol. Have to clean the numberplates and lights in a min as i'm about to go on a 620miles round trip to scotland nad back.

plus its bloody cold lol... il look like a gimp washing my car while wearing 10 peices of clothing lol

Static Low
I just do it in at the work. Hot pressure washer.. then into the warmth of the valeting bay to be dried off

Clio 1970000000
Washed mine just before the snow hit. Didn't leather it off as the water on the roof started to freeze after rinsing. I had just done about 200 miles on the motorway and wanted to get the salt off of the paintwork. Pretty sure I have a pin prick rust patch already.

Twingo rs133
I washed mine the other day and come out in the mornin 2 find it a sheet of ice but rather that then the salt eat away at the paint work

well i got a pressure washer with a deterggent bottle.. might just blast it with some shampoo in the bottle and rinse it off..

Mondeo TDCI 130
Got no water at the workshop, its froze, so washing the car is out! lol, can't even wash your hands!!

Have to use a watering can, you can imagine how warm that is! ha ha!

172 Cup
Only thing Ive cleaned a few times are the metal pedals. They are a nightmare for beng slippery after walking on snow/ice. My car mat is kinda frozen solid as well has been like resting my feet on a concrete floor.

b/g 182, meg tourer
man up ;)

i have cleaned mine once in this weather, cleaning it in the cold was fine. yes it does get dirty again pretty fast but there has been snow for nearly 3 weeks here now so i just needed to clean it for my own peice of mind. dont want the salt attacking it!

Better than yours. C*nt.
In the process of painting the brakes and cleaning the wheels on this dCi at the moment, it's not fun!

DCi 100
Not washed it since the start of Decemeber I think, just too cold, I washed some parts down in a budget on the grass last weekend and left them to drip off.

They had ice all over them, and all the bubbles froze in place aswell.

OCD detailing geeks are out across the country cleaning and waxing in the snow.

Normal people just leave it.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I tend to find washing in this sort of weather, lots of bubbles and nice warm water go down a treat.

The car however has no feelings, and is left to its own devices on the drive.

Washing in subzero =

ice-car.jpg

TBH.

/Giraffe

Peddled device
Got no water at the workshop, its froze, so washing the car is out! lol, can't even wash your hands!!

Have to use a watering can, you can imagine how warm that is! ha ha!

lol

You'll be shaving with your last drop of tea soon !

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
mines filthy and probably got some salt on it.
tooo cold to clean it though. will leaving it damage the paint noticeably?

White ds3
i clean my car once mabe twice a week. but not in this weather. the snow foam froze onto my roof last time i tried to wash it

182 S
Did mine, even clayed the bonnet azwell. spent about 3 hours on it! looked absolutly brilliant. next day was totally ditched again! but i love doing it. would do it everyday if i could! any1 want theres doing give me a shout :)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
washed Betty in between the 2nd lot of bad snow (2 weeks ago) then whipped her in the garage. Bugger doing it now though!

Nissan 350z
Did mine, even clayed the bonnet azwell. spent about 3 hours on it! looked absolutly brilliant. next day was totally ditched again! but i love doing it. would do it everyday if i could! any1 want theres doing give me a shout :)

Your a fool for being out in this weather :nono:

.... i will PM you when the weather picks up!

E87 118d M Sport
ive got no where to keep the door indoors to let it dry properly. so i would be more worried about the water freezing and causing problems tbh.

i washed it just before xmas but it is filthy now. altho there isnt much point washing from just a "i want my car to look clean" front.

Clio mk3 1.2 Extreme
Washed mine a couple of times in this weather not fun lol run out there with a warm bucket and run around the car. As long as i get most of the salt off i dont mind going to get dirty again in about 10 minutes on these roads. Think its like cleaning the sole of your shoe pointless tbh