ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Waste of a Marque!

Focus, GSXR1000 & R6
So dissapointed, mate has crashed his RX-7, had too share it with someone! Was a fantastic car now ruined :S

Mazda Side.jpg
Mazda Front.jpg

Was lucky, if the door had been pushed in a little more, I think it might have hurt!

Mazda Driver Side.jpg

Focus, GSXR1000 & R6
He's told me hit oil or something on the road, was coming off a long sweeping bend at about 50 started feeding in the power and apparently just went straight round on him, hit the curb and then straight into a bus stop, took out the bench there and the bus stop sign which has caused enough damage to have it written off, thank god its in the middle of no where so no was at the bus stop!

Had he had just hit the curb he would have gotten away with it, unfortuantly the bus stop made sure he did'nt.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
He's told me hit oil or something on the road, was coming off a long sweeping bend at about 50 started feeding in the power and apparently just went straight round on him, hit the curb and then straight into a bus stop, took out the bench there and the bus stop sign which has caused enough damage to have it written off, thank god its in the middle of no where so no was at the bus stop!

Had he had just hit the curb he would have gotten away with it, unfortuantly the bus stop made sure he did'nt.

This may be me being naive but most bus stops I know of are in areas with lower speed limits, especially if was after a bend.

I'm glad your mate is ok though, could have been a lot worse by the look of things.

Focus, GSXR1000 & R6
No i dont think so, he is just hoping insurance pay out so he can pay his loan off! Think he is sticking to his Mini's now!

Shame really was really nice and bloody quick!

Focus, GSXR1000 & R6
Honestly mate it was in the middle of no wear, it was on a 60 stretch of road.

If anybody nows the area, its coming up to Peterborough on the A47 coming from the A1, the round about where it goes from one lane too two, he goes right there round the long left and bus stop is at the end of that corner.

Left him wondering if a bus has spilled oil or something there?!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Yes I know what you mean, im not to sure if to belive that or not, I reckon the RWD might have caught him out!

Tbh it's a possibility. A mate of mine was doing 50 in a straight line in the wet, hit a bump and where he had kept his foot on the loud pedal he just span out.

If he could prove there was oil on the road at the time (photos etc), I would be writing to the council for compensation if I were him!

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Yes I know what you mean, im not to sure if to belive that or not, I reckon the RWD might have caught him out!

Tbh it's a possibility. A mate of mine was doing 50 in a straight line in the wet, hit a bump and where he had kept his foot on the loud pedal he just span out.

If he could prove there was oil on the road at the time (photos etc), I would be writing to the council for compensation if I were him!

Council would tell you to f**k off tbh

Think of it, someone, anyone with an oil leak on there car. Dont think the council would pay every tom dick and harry that says it was the oil!

Couple of years ago i hit a really bad pot hole causing the alloy to buckle back on itself, (10" deep and 14" wide) again wrote to the council with pictures and also a can of coke to show how big the f**king thing was waited months, got nothing in the end!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

Think of it, someone, anyone with an oil leak on there car. Dont think the council would pay every tom dick and harry that says it was the oil!

Couple of years ago i hit a really bad pot hole causing the alloy to buckle back on itself, (10" deep and 14" wide) again wrote to the council with pictures and also a can of coke to show how big the f**king thing was waited months, got nothing in the end!

I'd quite happily kick up a fuss with the council. It's one of their jobs to keep the roads in good condition, and it would be nice to see council tax being put to good use. You should have definatly have got something back from them about your damage! People claim off them for a lot less.

I see what you mean about oil though, maybe that's a littttle extreme. Still, wouldn't hurt to try:eek:

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

I'd quite happily kick up a fuss with the council. It's one of their jobs to keep the roads in good condition, and it would be nice to see council tax being put to good use. You should have definatly have got something back from them about your damage! People claim off them for a lot less.

I see what you mean about oil though, maybe that's a littttle extreme. Still, wouldn't hurt to try:eek:

I did mate to the tune of 30 phone calls 6 letters 2 personal apperances, i eventually grew tired of speaking to an office full of w*****s tbh

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
LOL at thread title, its a Mazda ! ,lucky no one was hurt , waste of a marque is a 350 gulwing merc getting totalled for eg

Focus, GSXR1000 & R6
He was not trying anything it was damp and he was driving to work as normal.

And just cause its not a renault does not mean that its not a great car, as much as i love my clio!

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
He was not trying anything it was damp and he was driving to work as normal.

And just cause its not a renault does not mean that its not a great car, as much as i love my clio!

if i totalled my clio i could'nt give two f-cks as long no one was hurt.

Focus, GSXR1000 & R6
I am more bothered about it than he is, the passanger was not hurt, he was not hurt and thank god there was no one at the bus stop.

All he wants is insurance to pay out so he can pay his loan off and I think he is looking at a 306 TD! I keep telling him how good clios are :clown:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
f**king hate bus stops... seriously they are like magnets LOL!

and tbh, wrecking a rx7 is a waste they are REALLY good cars, much more advanced than clios lol, look at the suspension settup to see how good they are! handle REALLY well for a rwd car too!

rx7 is gonna be my next car! looking at them atm!

Focus, GSXR1000 & R6
Just go steady then! Dont want more pics like this!

His was great, he had it as a fresh import and had to put a new engine in straight away, he had not long had it run in, came with fully adjustable supension, and was so low he could not even get it over a tiny hill in the road or over ther lowered curb onto his drive, so he had put to put it up a bit, but looked amazing!