ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wat’s your mpg

Volvo S60 D5

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 07 December 2004

I try never lft the car go lower than 1/2 tank though.

Why? I can understand not going into the red or the last 1/8th but why 1/2?

Mazda MX5 1.8

this time of year i geta few worse mpg than in summer? strange i thought.......

at the mo 50mpg (few mpg either way depending on my driving) on a run & 42mpg during the week (5 miles ish to work in jams)

i drive like a pussy tho lol

Quote: Originally posted by Clio1400 on 08 December 2004

No idea for certain, I guess its maybe to do with the fact that I do a lot of miles and without fuel I cannot get to work so never risk letting it go low just incase there is a strike.

Quote: Originally posted by clio__chris on 08 December 2004

this time of year i geta few worse mpg than in summer? strange i thought.......
Ye in the cold the engine is in its cold run program for longer ie injects more fule for a longer time as the engine takes longer to heat up to temp.

Also in the cold weather air is more dense so you can make more power = lower fuel economy if you use the extra power.

55 - 62 :) dci 65 about 500 - 560 m/tank £40 I would love somthing faster but doing 30k miles a year!!!!!

CLIO

i get roughly 440 mile to a full tank,but i do alot of motorway miles,do a round trip of 108 mile a day...good news is after christmas i get my company van....woohooo.....a little white kangoo

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

usually 33-44 mpg in a 172mk2

Ive had a go at maxing the mpg got 44mpg after 70 miles. Was embarassing doing 50mph for an hour and a half, watching all the puntos etc overtaking me at 70mph knowing they are doing 50mpg. grrr.

really tempted to get a Dci 80 just for using for work. I get paid 42p per mile when using my car for work,so using a dci 80 might even make me some profit.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

Think of the extra weight of the fuel, must be 20 - 30kg for half a tank of fuel, meaning lower mpg.

Renaultsport Clio 172 16v

24.9 Is the most i can get outta mine, dont matter how fast or slow i go, flat, hills or anything, its crap!!!:mad: Get about 210 to a tank.

Quote: Originally posted by optical on 08 December 2004

Think of the extra weight of the fuel, must be 20 - 30kg for half a tank of fuel, meaning lower mpg.
Hum ye I must be carrying about an extra 30 liters on adverage in the car extra and thats 47lb or 21kg thats about an extra 2% extra weight. Assuming thats an extra 1.5% MPG Im loosing Im loosing about 0.8mpg or after 36k thats about an extra £36 Ive spent on fule carrying the fuel over 36k. Not a bad amount to save but the risk of running out of fuel in the car/ not being able to get to work in a strike is sort of worth it, it only works out to about 35p extra a week which isnt that much.

C4 Grand Picasso

Last 2 tanks of fuel (£38), first got 48mpg driving like a doddering old fart for the best part of a month, got it down to around 42mpg by giving my little lawnmower engine a kicking to the dizzy hights of my 6k red line. Id gladly give up half my mpg for twice the power - no, wait there, 2x60bhp is still sh*t. Cant wait to get rid of my car next year . . .

im a bit annoyed hearing all these great mpgs. i drive a valver with full system and air filter and would average around 260 miles to a full tank (£30-£35)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 08 December 2004
Quote: Originally posted by edde on 07 December 2004 I try never lft the car go lower than 1/2 tank though.Why? I can understand not going into the red or the last 1/8th but why 1/2?[/QUOTE]No idea for certain, I guess its maybe to do with the fact that I do a lot of miles and without fuel I cannot get to work so never risk letting it go low just incase there is a strike.

Yes I totally understand, I never leave the house without my Nuclear Biological Chemical Warfare Suit, just incase ;)

Yaris Hybrid

182 = 35mpg

1.2 16v = 50mpg

Dci80 = 70mpg

Thats commuting in Bristol traffic and I am a careful driver. A mate of mine and a neighbour only get 35mpg from their 1.2 16vs although the former is now getting 40mpg after calming down a bit. Tbh I would have to try really hard to get the 1.2 16v down as low as 40!!!

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 07 December 2004

23mpg
sh*t ... Im gonna feel it when I switch to the V6!!

My 172s been in having its bumper sorted and so been bodyshop for a while ... had reset the computer before it went in. After a while driving a frigging Fiesta, now Ive got my car back Ive been blatting everywhere - motorway plus local roads - already averaging 33mpg after just 40 miles!

get around 33-34 mpg always tend to stay around that area. althought best i had was the scenic 58mpg although it is a diesel so always going to be quite good.