ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Watch dogs

Ph 1 172
Yeah to be honest 2012 version looks incredible..... But at the end of the day every games company does the same bullshit just to get you interested.

im enjoying watchdogs a lot at moment although I'm not doing any missions just hacking people, but I've got too say its still not blowing me away like I thought a next gem game would, graphically ryse son of rome is still better than this with much more s**t going on around you, even gta 5 had more people walking the street and cars on the road.

Turbo LY R27
Im thinking this is because its still ported onto the last gen systems and to be honest they dont look that far apart to next gen. This is the trouble with the crossover of systems. Im sure the next one and most games will look far better once they become more focused on it. Cod 2 looked sh1te compared to Black ops 2!

Gameplay is a lot of fun tho, the graphics still look tasty, but im with you im not bowled over with them.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Some of the smart phone apps are pretty neat. You can walk into a store or ammo shop and if they are playing music you can use the Shazam style app to listen and unlock the song and add it to your playlist.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I am looking forward to having another go now.

I think I was too quick to judge last night. Just need to get my head round it though.

Is there any chance the car handling could be improved with a patch down the line or is that just wishful thinking?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'd be surprised if they patch anything TBH. The car handling really lets it down yet some people are saying it's fine and in-car view is where it's at. Trouble is, I like to view from external camera. Meh.

Will give it a good crack tonight. It'll be like most games, just stick at it and it'll become second nature eventually.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I'd be surprised if they patch anything TBH. The car handling really lets it down yet some people are saying it's fine and in-car view is where it's at. Trouble is, I like to view from external camera. Meh.

Will give it a good crack tonight. It'll be like most games, just stick at it and it'll become second nature eventually.

In car is a lot lot better to be fair but that seems odd in a 3rd person game! Nice that you can see the interior too.

Yaris Hybrid
With regards to that comparison video.....I am one of the people that has been suffering from the stuttering issue.

To solve it I had to drop the texture level from Ultra down to High....which didn't solve it...and then drop it down to Medium (the lowest level) which did work!

So for the game to be playable on my system (and my cards have 3GB of memory) I have to use settings that look even further removed that the E3 video. People with 6GB Titans are doing the same so it doesn't even look like a memory issue.

Everything else is on the highest setting but with those low textures it just looks embarrassing.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Driving is completely putting me off this game. Properly properly s**t.
@dk why do you have an xbox one remote?
Well at one point I was hoping it was going to be connected to a great console, unfortunately it didn't work out.

At at least I have my ps4 to keep me entertained.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Well I'm loving it so far. I've done about 6 hours on it and am quite far through.
I have no problems what so ever with the car physics and handling, just the same as all the other gta clones IMO. awesome game.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I Might be missing something very obvious here, but how do you get on multiplayer please?

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I Might be missing something very obvious here, but how do you get on multiplayer please?

Go to map. Press RB (R1?!?) and all shall be revealed.

I didn't even know there was multiplayer until some fucker invaded my game and I had to hunt him down. Got him too! Then went on the offensive. Much better than GTA multiplayer

dk

911 GTS Cab
Cool will try it out, not managed to get on tonight, too much bloody email, will be rinsing it at the weekend though.

If anyone is after quick..ish cash. Head to the top pier the one that has the hotspot next to the betting thing. After a walk round that hacking I was 50k richer

I've gotta say, considering the driving is utterly appauling, the rest of the game feels pretty fun to play. It has the AI that GTA needed.

Not had a chance to try multiplayer yet as it never finds a game because Uplay is utter w**k. Why they can't use Steam and keep it reliable I don't know. Most of the time I have to play Offline mode as I can't login anyway.

Oh and on that note - if you get stuttering on the PC, it's Uplay - put it into offline mode and the stuttering will go away, it's not a Graphics issue.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
If ever there was a video to highlight flaws:

Just comical, really.

Last edited by a moderator:

AK

M240i
Those lamp posts shattering are brilliant.

Hi.
usyde9yg.jpg

Oh and on that note - if you get stuttering on the PC, it's Uplay - put it into offline mode and the stuttering will go away, it's not a Graphics issue.

I managed to solve the stuttering while connected to uplay by adding a command to the application file in the game. But it means you have to extract that file to the desktop, add the command in, and manually run it as an admin to play. (have to run as admin every time i think) which is a ballache considering.

I'll try and find the guide for you if you want it

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I've done a complete 180 on this.

Love it. The real time online stuff makes it. I have only done two missions!!

With the difficulty ranked up to max the gang hideout missions are f**king hard!

I've done a complete 180 on this.

Love it. The real time online stuff makes it. I have only done two missions!!

With the difficulty ranked up to max the gang hideout missions are f**king hard!

Yeah getting invaded is ace! Its so seamless. I also like how you're instantly back in singleplayer after a multiplayer game/mode, no loading etc.

Clio 172
Just had a quick play... I'm not overly impressed. Next gen console at over £400 and the graphics and game play are no better than some of the older 360 and ps3 stuff.

Think all these early release next gen games are going to be disappointing. Forza 5, watchdogs, titenfall... All the same, seem to be lacking in content and aren't worlds apart from previous stuff. Next year we should see some good games. The Division is (hopefully!) going to be huge!!

none :(
I'm enjoying the online hacking.

Just got my first 100%, tense.

I'm not normally one for online, but I love this. As you say it's tense waiting for 100%, although always seems a lot quicker when your bring hacked.

The online races are shocking, lag city etc.