ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Watchdog Now Clio Problem Story

LY V6 with Recaros
I still can't believe that Renault are stubborn enough to not admit there's a fault and do something about it! It's a pretty major and dangerous fault after all, whether it's a design defect or not! Who cares what kind of defect it is, it's still a defect and it's putting peoples lives at risk! It's things like this that would put me off buying other Renaults in future!

LY V6 with Recaros
So can anyone confirm its only on Mk II Ph1's? or is it ph 2's as well?

That's what I'd like to know, as before they were saying it was just ph1s and the problem was sorted out for the later models, but they were showing the ph2 last night! :S

It happended to my old next door neighbour! but took out her windscreen and mangled the roof above the windscreen.

That was a mk2 ph2. Cant find any pics but it basically look like Johndinios (sp) but worse. It looked like something had fallen on it.

E90
If you worry about this happening then dont, You want to worry about the number of people that have been killed in plane crashes due to faults that airlines were aware of, yet never fixed. It usually takes some serious aircrashes before anything is done. The price of paying 20 million to each passengers relatives is far far less than the cost of Boeing etc, recalling the planes and fixing the problems, sad state of affairs but its all down to money. I imagine it would cost renault a small fortune to issue a recall, therefore i think you'll find its easier for them to just compenstate the said partys as and when it happens, Unless someone dies that is, then they may be forced to act.

Clio Dynamique 1.216vSLOW
So can anyone confirm its only on Mk II Ph1's? or is it ph 2's as well?
both i think cause last time it was on they shown some MK2 PH1s but this time they shown both some were 04, 55 regs etc, s**t ren build quality and the obvious reason they wont do note is because it will cost them something and all they give a s**t about is profit profit and profit, I shall be glad when i get my Laguna next the catches are proper ones on them not that cheap paper thin plastic s**t:(

GR7

Shiny red R32
Re: Clio Bonnet Failure on Watchdog.. BBC1 now..

no recall, nothing

meanwhile ive had 2 catches stick due to them drying out.

I spoke to my local garage guys today and the boss told me that his mechanics always grease everybody's door, bonnet and boot catches during a service as a matter of routine and he said they had quite a few phone calls today from worried Clio drivers! Maybe other garages do the same!
The guy I spoke to said he thought the problem was with the earlier Clios as it was on Watchdog a few months back and he thought the Mk 2s were OK!

Happened to me.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=193230

1-5.jpg

Matt

BMW M135i
Never had any trouble with either of mine sticking on both the 1.6 and old 1.2. Still after reading that it gets a touch of grease worked in everytime I change the oil, smooth as silk.