ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

water ban?

Black 172 MK2
well not ALL water i read some where that late may we cant even wash our cars, is this true or anyone have any idea??

brad

Octavia VRS
we don't have it up here in Scotland - well we better not after the crappy weather we've had over the last couple of days!

Dont get me started on this! Thing is the water boards are being retarded. Since the hosepipe ban i've noticed the queue at the mechanical carwash in the petrol station across from my office getting longer. Few gallons from a hosepipe or several hundred from a carwash that people are resorting to now the hosepipes are banned. Of course Thames water obviously havnt got any common sense :rolleyes: There's talk of possible standpipes in some areas if things dont improve yet water boards are dragging in record profits at the moment yet none of it seems to be going back into plugging any of the leaks that are heamorraging thousands of gallons a day. I heard somewhere that there are some damaged water mains in london that have been pissing water out since the blitz FFS!

106 GTi
Loony said:
moment yet none of it seems to be going back into plugging any of the leaks that are heamorraging thousands of gallons a day. I heard somewhere that there are some damaged water mains in london that have been pissing water out since the blitz FFS!

Thats the bit that narks me, burst water main round the corner from our took Severn Trent 2 weeks to come and fix!

There are a couple on the roads i drive down alone that have been pissing water all over the place for months so f**k knows how many there are in the town let alone region that i havnt seen.

Clio 172 mk2
I can't believe gardeners water their plants/lawns with drinking water anyway....surely the best thing to do would be to get some water butts installed and use rainwater?

The situation is looking bad though.....it's going to have to rain a hell of a lot to recharge the levels.

Renaultsport 220T
If we are banned from using it, why the hell should we pay for it.
It's like the Tesco's running out of milk. You don't just pay for it, when they don't have any.

The fat cats at Thameswater have been profiting from us for too long, and not reinvesting in fixing the network, or building new reservoirs. There are leaks all over the place, and they don't seem to bothered to fix them.

Nevermind, having their own building in Reading washed with a powerwasher.

Grrrrrrrr!!!! :mad:

BMW E46 330i Touring
I did read that people are allowed to wash their cars using dishwater or bathwater.... so you'll be alright Rich, just take out the odd teabag and potato peel left in the sink!

I'm hoping for a decent bit of rain now anyway, so it's more likely to be decent next week, the ban itself doesn't affect me though.

106 GTi
acrebo said:
I did read that people are allowed to wash their cars using dishwater or bathwater.... so you'll be alright Rich, just take out the odd teabag and potato peel left in the sink!

I will be bathing in Sonax Gloss shampoo me thinks!

CS Dungeon
f**k em.................. I used a little over a 1000ltrs last night pressure washing my patio and the night before I washed both cars, my van and the drive.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
thats karma for southerners.

What actually happens if you do not adhere to the ban> and how do they know?

Black 172 MK2
yup bath and old washing up water. hmmmm so how long do you have to be i nthe bath for it to class as bath water :S i recon a decent size bath could easyly do the 2 bucket method :D

Megane R26
Yep up to £2000 fine. Such a joke. But yet we can use the dreaded car washes and jet washers still :?

Cam

182 Cup
Were an Island FFS! Bollox about it being the wrong kind of water! Just lazy fookers!

1.8 Civic EX
aparently most cars washes "recycle" the same water over and over again hense why they are still being used.

Area I live in, we're not allowed to wash our cars now..it's crazy! mine is covered in bird shite...

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
did any of you see the statistics of how much water is "lost" or "wasted", due to the water board?

anyhow it was 30%. which they put down to "unknown" leaks.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
i'm not effected yet, but seeing as I live in West Surrey and East Surrey is banned, I don't think it will take them long. I'll be washing my car in the garage. I might even start my own ' Underground Car Washing Club ' ( like fight club ), people can come around and use my garage. Members only!

Black 172 MK2
Rhino16v said:
aparently most cars washes "recycle" the same water over and over again hense why they are still being used.

Area I live in, we're not allowed to wash our cars now..it's crazy! mine is covered in bird sh*te...

surly you can get a MF and wet it and gentley take the bird crap off as that its extacly a load of water or washing ur car :S

Megane Trophy
Im under the impression a hose pipe ban is for Gardens.

Where people walk round watering stupid plants all day long, and have sprinklers to keep there grass clean.
My grandparents have there own reservoir which is 3/4 full so im in no shortage!!

Apparently you were able to hose down patios but not water plants or wash cars. But supposedly its been upped to a drought order in some regions so no use of hoses at all.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
down in the south east my parents are having to have a water meter put on their hose pipe at somepoint due to the 'ban'.

I live in a flat in suffolk so i use two buckets to wash, 2 buckets to rinse and half with a chamois (sp?)... All from my own bathroom tap... will i get told off for that since i pay for that water??

106 GTi
You can bucket wash under hosepipe ban conditions, but not if they have declared a drought order on the area the way I understand it.

Mazda MX5 1.8
well thats alright......

take a bath..... and let water settle for a bit.....
remove the top film where most of the sweat would settle (i think?) and then just use most of the water then leave a little bit in the bottom where the heavier dirt would be

luckily under wessex water i dont think we have a ban?

Loony said:
Dont get me started on this! Thing is the water boards are being retarded. Since the hosepipe ban i've noticed the queue at the mechanical carwash in the petrol station across from my office getting longer. Few gallons from a hosepipe or several hundred from a carwash that people are resorting to now the hosepipes are banned. Of course Thames water obviously havnt got any common sense :rolleyes: There's talk of possible standpipes in some areas if things dont improve yet water boards are dragging in record profits at the moment yet none of it seems to be going back into plugging any of the leaks that are heamorraging thousands of gallons a day. I heard somewhere that there are some damaged water mains in london that have been pissing water out since the blitz FFS!
Could'nt agree more, Its all the water companies faults, to busy making too much profit and not investing enough into reparing leaks and building new resovoirs,
What f***s me off is the water comapnies are all owned by foriegn companies like the one of them in London is owned by a German company, they aint gonna give a w**k if we run out of water are they because they dont live here

Shocking fact is that there is 900milloin gallons of water lost a day through leaks in England so they said on the BBC the other day, thats enough they said to fill so many hundread thousand swimming pools, now thats a f**king shambles,

182 cup
we have a hose pipe ban in the south east,have to get up at 6.30 to wash the 182 so no one sees me.they say you can use a bucket put i have a trigger gun on my hose pipe and i know for a fact it uses alot less water than buckets,im going to stop now as i can feel my blood boiling..

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
all I can say is my car will somehow manage to stay spotless throughout any ban. As others have said, f**k em.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  4 wheels
i should be all right (manchester) but if they did ban hosepipes do you think i would be saving anymore water by washing 6 cars with buckets somehow i dont think so. you dont pay water bills to not f**king use water do you. tits.

Clio 172mk2
well i dont read papers or watch news , so i never know when theres a ban on , there problem for not informing me

R20GRC said:
all I can say is my car will somehow manage to stay spotless throughout any ban. As others have said, f**k em.
Thats what I say as well f**k THE c***s
water comapnies fault with all the leaks and lack of resovoirs so why should us the paying customer suffer

BMW E46 330i Touring
What's with everyone's shocking language recently!? I think I've seen the word 'c**t' used about 10 times in the last few days, can people please cut it out!?!

Sorry, back to thread...