ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WATER HAZARD

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Reet guys AGAIN i find my self in this section asking for some advice or even a solution, to cut a long story short my girlfriend found that undernieth the passenger seat the carpet was quite damp, so i thought s**t had a feel and it was really damp and its where the carpet is split for the wires and such are for the airbag. Now the last couple of days we've had some serious rain and last night was no exception so could this just be that when it rains exceptionaly heavy the water gets through one of the seals or sould i have a mooch n see what i can find.

Any help would be great!

Thanks Mike

PH1 172
Door seals not sealing properly by the sounds of it. Get your g/f to sit in the car and then you pour water over the top of the door and hopefully she may be able to see the water coming in and your answer to the problem

Storm Grey 200
Take the scuttle panel out, and then poke a stick through the drain holes. Mine was so bad because i have to park under tree's so i had loads of old leaves blocking it up

ValverInBits
the scuttle panel being the bit below the windscreen. The drain holes are left and right also in the centre( on the MK1 not sure about MK2s)

Megane dci 130
Normally its the main one in the centre. You will have to take the wiper linkage out too.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Only thing is it doesnt quite add up as the capets only damp directly under the passenger seat and bone dry were there feet would be,surely if the panel was blocked it would be damp under my seat which it isnt :S. Sorry for the previous daft comment i dunno what i was thinking i knew perfectly well what a scuttle panel was ha ha ha

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Shep ill have a check sometime tomorrow its dry now and ive washed my car today so hmmmmmm

Jim ive checked that bud, its bone dry.

Maybe your gf pissed herself? lol

On a serious note though, is it not a common problem on the mk2 clios and is caused by the drainage holes being blocked in the scuttle panel as mentioned above?

172 Ph1
ive seen the spare wheel full of water on my clio i got no sunroof so i recon it was coming thru the rear lamps into the spare wheel.also it runs along under the rear seat and into the rear footwell, also yes as mentioned the centre drainage tube gets blocked as mine did last year, came back off hols to find footwells in 2 inches of water. not a happy bunny had to strip out the carpet , dry it out and fix the blockage, all good in the end had no repeat so far so good