ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hazard Lights won't turn off! Please Read!

Clio Mk3
Hello!

I am new to this forum, so please do excuse me if I have made an error in posting n the wrong thread.

I am desperately seeking some advice about an issue I am having with my 06 plate Clio Mk3.

The issue is as follows:
It started about a month ago in which a neighbour informed me on a very rainy day that my hazard lights were on. I first at thought some idiot tried getting into the car and I slept through the alarm but I was so wrong. I couldn't get the god damn things to turn off!

I disconnected the battery and called my local auto electrician who told me it was a faulty switch. Great, easy fix. I swiftly bought a second hand genuine switch and replaced it, but the issue was still happening. At this point, I had a electrical fault appear on my dashboard.

It took about 3 weeks of my car having it's battery disconnected for the electrician to come back out to try and solve the issue. He came and told me he "thinks" it's the BCM module. He said he felt some moisture on the plugs. I have removed the module in an attempt to find the code to seek a repair but so far I am not having much luck. I have had my brother who is a mechanic (not an electrician by any means though!) take a look inside the unit, but there are absolutely no signs of obvious damage. We took all of the necessary precautions to not touch any of the components and remove static before handling.

When the auto electrician came out, I did notice that when I arrived back home, there was a faint electrical burning smell coming from the exterior fuse box located next to the battery. I have had to have this replaced in the past due to water getting in and melting a relay which caused the main lights to not switch off.

I am having my brother come tomorrow to check the fuse box over and I also have the BCM sat in front of a dehumidifier in a safe place for now to try and remove any potential moisture in the unit.

My question is basically has anyone got any advice whatsoever about what to do from here? I can't get answers from any auto electrician, ecu repair centre etc. I have used these forums in the past as a guest to find solutions and everyone here seems to know a thing or two!
I am more than happy to elaborate on anything mentioned here, as I'm not sure if I have included all of the relevant information. Thank you for reading!

2014 Clio 200t edc
@kaninchua I’m not sure where you are but might be worth giving these a call. They repair uch/bcm modules and are in rugeley Staffordshire. I’m sure people on here have used them in the past. (I’m not anything to do with them)

Clio Mk3
@kaninchua I’m not sure where you are but might be worth giving these a call. They repair uch/bcm modules and are in rugeley Staffordshire. I’m sure people on here have used them in the past. (I’m not anything to do with them)

Thank you! I will look into this company to see if they can help me, not had much luck getting a response as of yet!

I'm still exploring other avenues at the moment as I've had suggestions it may not be the BCM itself afterall.