ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Footwell Filling With Water

As the title says. In the middle of building up my track car so all carpet is removed. But since weve had this bad weather, each time it rains heavy, im coming back to almst a full bucket full of water in both the drivers and passenger side front footwells.

I believe its coming from behind the dash somewhere rather than from the sides/doors.

I cant be the only person to have experienced this, is it a common issue? Anyone know how to resolve this or common problem areas that need re-sealing?

Thanks in advance

Dumb Question alert:

Does it have a sunroof? (I can't remember if they all came with sunroofs.)

If it does, and if it's like the mk1 clios, the drain channels block and you get a shower every time you corner... :ROFLMAO:

(Ask me how I know ;) lol)

182 clio
I had that problem too ?

Turned out that when changed the cent locking motor I had broke the seal between the door card and door and when it raided or washed the car the floor got soaked.
Resealed door card with black gasket sealer and never had the floor wet since.

There are a few known places for them to leak from took me ages to find mine as I never noticed it till few months later.
After trying many different things finally found it was coming in the door card and running over the kick trim along bottom of door frame.

If you manage to find and seal your leak stick some old socks full of rice to absorb or use a wet and dry vac.