ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water in passenger footwell. How did it get there?

Clio 182 ff
Yesterday whilst cleaning my 182 I found a small patch of water on the passenger side carpet, after reading up on here I removed the wipers, scuttle panels, wiper mechanism, and the wiper bottle. I found the central drain blocked with quite a bit of sludge. After cleaning this whole area and reassembling everything I managed to lift th rear passenger carpet and remove the material for drying. The same in the front I lifted the carpet and removed the foam for drying. My question is how would the blocked centre scuttle drain cause water to leak in? In the image what's the blue thing top right? Is there any things I can check or silicone up? Thanks all in advance, last thing I needed with all this weather ?
IMAG1953.jpg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Common for them to leak when the drains are blocked.

That thing top right is the connector where the wiring loom goes into the car to join the interior loom. It won't be leaking from there tbh, it's pretty well sealed.

Clio 182 ff
Common for them to leak when the drains are blocked.

That thing top right is the connector where the wiring loom goes into the car to join the interior loom. It won't be leaking from there tbh, it's pretty well sealed.
Ah right, I'm leaving all the floor out all weekend to see if any more gets in before sealing it all back up on Monday hopefully