ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water in the fuse box

After messing about with my headlights attempting to fit my HIDs, I ran out of time and just flung the car back together with the original bulbs. Threw everything in the boot and left for work. Went to the car wash after work as the car was manky and on leaving the car wash the car went into limp mode.

Nursed it home and opened the bonnet only to realise I had forgotten to put the fusebox cover back on and there was water everywhere.

Covered it all in WD40 and left it to dry out.

Started the car about 2 hours later and it was running fine, no limp mode but no my engine management light is on constantly.

Is there a way I can turn this off myself or will I need to take it to a garage to get the faults cleared?

clio 172 cup
i have same problem with mine. Even though ive got the fuse box cover fitted it seems to still let some water in when i go carwash. Again, goes into limp mode and seems to rev itself! the warning light i get are the toxic fume light and a coil shaped light. They should all go off after a day or so.. Mines been doing it for ages now but if a wash by hand it doesnt do it. hope this helps pal

Limits the car to a maximum of 2.5k revs in all gears. So i could only do a maximum of 45mph in 5th gear all the way home.