ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water leak. aircon??

Nothing at the mo :(
Hey all

Was doing a oil change today and was removing the mud card underneath the car and i spotted some water.... *If you was looking at the guard from the top of the engine bay its coming from the top left part of it *

reason i say air con is cause it dont do it when just the car is sitting there idling without on., plus ive lost no coolant.. But when you have the air con on you can see water flowing down onto the floor nice and slowly

Im guessing its aircon, but it seems a bit far back into the engine :S or am i wrong

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Yep, more than likely A/C.

The system/pipes will drip water from condensation build up.

Also the moisture extracted from the cabin (as air con is a de-humidifyer) is dumped under the car, which is noticable as a pool of water when stationary

yeah it basicly was a lil puddle when stationary. Anything to be worried about? But like i said you can actually see it hitting the floor. its not a puddle that is taking ages to make

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Well if it doesn't smell/taste (!) like coolant and only occurs with a/c on then yes should be ok!

Well if it doesn't smell/taste (!) like coolant and only occurs with a/c on then yes should be ok!

yeah its deff not coolant i dont think, my coolant hasnt lost any at all since i have owned it *2 months*

^ Couldnt you just change the pipes? or does that mean the actual aircon pump is broken.

I don't understand :S Why would the aircon pump be broken?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Not sayin its broken in a way, just if condensation has builded up in the pipes then could cause damage to the pump ? :S

RS CLIO 197
normal to me :D

it will drop some water when working - mainly from the condenser iirc

some cars do it more than others

if your air con leaks it wont be water it would be oil it drops :D