ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

water pump

hi guys, my bro seems to think theres a noise coming from the water pump on my 172

anyone ever had any trouble from the water pump?

ive no idea, i cant hear anythin out of the ordinary :S but he seems to think theres sumfin wrong with the water pump

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
I haven’t heard too many problems. Only that some recommend you have it changed when the aux and cam belts are changed at 72k / 5 years old as if it goes/busts the belts need to come off etc to replace the pump and it’s a costly job.

Do you know if the pump was changed / belts been done?

yea all the belts wer done but as far as i kno the water pump has never been changed

hes convinced he can hear somethin but i cant hear nefin out of the ordinary :S

M235i / 172
Are you sure its the water pump? the engines have a shi**y whirling noise all the time... my 1.6 16v meg does it. the 172 does it, ive seen matty J's 172 today, his does it..... always sounds like it from under the cambelt cover, but its nowt 2 worry about.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
found out that mine was the gasket from manifold to the cat - didnt sound like it was blowing - it was wierd really

PH1 172 Sport
Just been to Rentech to have a new key fitted and Mike said the whiring noise and the whistle noise between 1-2k is normal and nothing to worry about. Though if the noise is noticably loud then it may need to be checked out

clio 03 1.6 16v
i reported a noise on one of these forums a coupe of days ago, my cars now at renault and ive been told that my timing is out by 180*! even though the belt was done, and there is a noise comming from my water pump which is like a knocking sound? comes and goes every couple of seconds on idle but the car runs fine, maybe thats what he hears? btw its costing £250 for new belt kit and pump etc, so u might b alrite