ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water Temp Drops, Idle Revs go up, shudders/misfires when i accelerate!??????

RenaultSport clio 182
Hi All,
Ive got a 54 reg 182 and this morning the revs died at a roundabout and the car would not start again. 5 mins later it did start and was ok, briefly.......

But then the "idle revs" went up to about 2000 and the Water Temp Guage dropped to the floor. When I accelerated the car hated it, it shuddered and seemed to almost misfire.

Then 5 mins later it was all backto normal again?!

It felt a little like i was running out of petrol? But I had 3/4 of a tank.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I can imagine that my local friendly Renault Dealer will love me turning up and telling me this then telling them that the car "seems to be running ok now".

Any help would be totally appreciated,

Cheers
Groover

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Sounds like your temp sensor / wiring . Its a common problem . Your temp guage shows its cold so it over fuels / judders . Do a search and you'll find more info .

106 GTi
It is common fault something related with the coolant temp sensor/sender or it's wiring, a few people on here have had it.

Edit beaten!

RenaultSport clio 182
Cool, thanks guys. Looks like Im going to be calling a dealer in the am. At least now it will sound like i know what im talking about so i might not get totally lied to......

thank you

Mondeo STTDCI
Yup. You have to go three times though.

The first time they pretend there isnt a fault, the second time they confirm there is and order the part, the third time they fix it.